IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Cambridge, MA, Plymouth Meeting, PA, Durham, NC
We're looking for experienced machine learning engineers who are passionate about developing next generation machine learning technologies using data from millions of patients and hundreds of millions of documents to enable novel solutions to impact clinical trial development in the real world.
Our ambitious machine learning for medicine and healthcare agenda include but are not limited to:
- Deep phenotyping integrating massive and multimodal health data
- Site selection and patient recruitment prediction for clinical trials
- In silico drug discovery from observational data using structured prediction, generative models, etc.
In this role, you will both contribute independently and also lead a small team to work on the most cutting-edge, impactful, and exciting projects. You'll have access to petabytes of data, state of the art hardware such as massive distributed clusters and GPUs, and professional support from domain experts.
Your typical activities might include:
- Primary resource for internal distributed machine learning software questions from the machine learning team.
- Implementing deep learning, machine learning, and data mining algorithms on distributed platforms to solve real-world healthcare problems. Automating machine learning algorithms within the production environment.
- Collaborate with engineering and business owners to define program requirements, set priorities, and establish scope which includes defining the roadmap and long-term strategy of the teams that you are partnering with.
- Working with electronic medical records, healthcare claims, clinical trial data, and unstructured text data. Develop deep learning, machine learning, and data mining technologies and products.
- Manage cross functional dependencies, risks, and changes effectively by optimizing scope, schedule, and resources accordingly.
- Supporting customized projects by designing and implementing algorithms and statistical models on related datasets
- Proactively identify and analyze complex, long-term, critical business problems with research, engineering leaders and stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Master's (with 7+ years related professional experience) or PhD (with 3+ years related professional experience) in computer science or information technology areas with focus on machine learning, artificial intelligence, data mining, natural language processing.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- An in-depth understanding and extensive hands-on experiences with machine learning algorithms and modeling (supervised learning, semi-supervised or unsupervised learning including generative models, transfer learning, optimization, probabilistic graphical models, etc.)
- In depth experience with Spark/Hadoop and either PyTorch/Tensorflow
- Experience in Python with additional experience in Java and Scala.
- Experience creating production environment data analytics and applications.
- Communication experience with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience with health data and products is highly preferred.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.