Description and Requirements
The BMC Innovation Labs brings together customers, partners, and employees to accelerate the development of new and relevant solutions that create value. Our goal with our innovation labs team is to harness new ideas, to anticipate and act on market changes by:
- Fostering innovation by creating spaces for experimentation
- Advancing ideas that generate disruptive technologies
- Accelerating prototyping and development of new capabilities
It is through this collaborative environment that we explore how new technologies can be leveraged to bring market differentiating value to customers through our next generation solutions. We help clients pivot from thinking digital to being digital at the core.
The Principal Data Scientist / Software Engineer will deliver critical advanced analytics to support BMCs Innovation Labs and its adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) solutions. As the Principal Engineer, you will help to solve real-world business problems as a by designing and building experimental frameworks and production-ready models using Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning (DL), Natural Language Processing (NLP) and other robust advanced statistical learning techniques.
- Be responsible for design and beginning-to-end execution of BMC Data Science projects including interpreting business need, munging/wrangling data, developing and validating predictive models, and deploying completed solutions
- Use advanced statistics, data mining, machine learning, and deep learning techniques to deliver data-driven insights for BMC project stakeholders
- Work with internal teams and customers to understand challenges and create solutions, inform the business’ strategic direction and identify opportunities
- Produce a range of data-driven visualizations (dashboards, reports, presentations) and provide insights relative to created data science products
- Team with product managers and product owners to understand requirements and develop processes/tools to monitor and analyze data accuracy and business performance
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Work with data analysts and database administrators to analyze, extract, normalize and label relevant data
- Work with software developers and architects to help operationalize models into production
- In conjunction with data owners and department managers, develop data models and protocols for solutions that provide advanced, meaningful, and actionable business insights
- Support the transfer of knowledge to team members as appropriate
Education & Licensure:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative field including Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Operations Research, Economics or Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in Data Science centric positions
- Applicable work experience with proven advanced capabilities can be substituted for master’s degree (Bachelor’s degree minimum required)
- Extensive experience in developing enterprise product systems, 5+ years software engineering experience in cloud computing, distributed systems, and Big Data, strong experience with containers and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong experience using Python, R and Databricks
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language such as Java, Golang, Node.js, Scala etc.
- Experience using ML libraries, such as scikit-learn, caret, mlr, mllib
- Experience with cloud technologies including Google Cloud, AWS and Azure
- Strong SQL coding skills and the ability to manipulate data and draw insights from large datasets
- Technical expertise with proven predictive modeling and machine learning skills
- Knowledge of advanced statistical learning techniques and experience with applications
- Experience working with complex data using advanced analytics techniques and software technologies to deliver and interpret valuable insights
From core to cloud to edge, BMC delivers the software and services that enable over 10,000 global customers, including 84% of the Forbes Global 100, to thrive in their ongoing evolution to an Autonomous Digital Enterprise.
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, disabled veteran or status as a protected veteran, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.