We are a human-centered digital health company that seeks to radically improve brain health outcomes by leveraging cutting-edge technology and machine learning to unlock precision brain health for as many people as possible. While we are steadfastly focused on individuals’ brain health, we believe that meaningful outcomes can only be achieved within an ecosystem of care that actively includes and engages physicians, professionals and caregivers. We are a team of 30+ and are embarking on an exciting period of accelerated growth, and invite qualified, collaborative, self-driven and impact-oriented professionals to join our dynamic and fast-growing team.
- collaborate to elicit, architect, document, and implement data engineering routines from raw storage to normalization to aggregation
- work with data scientists to create data transformations for analytics
- design for key issues like access management, cataloging, versioning, logging, and auditing as well as infrastructure necessary to support analytics use cases
- design, document, and enforce policies as well as technical configurations regarding legal compliance and data governance in handling customer data including PII and PHI
Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science or similar
- experience working in a regulated industry and meeting compliance requirements (e.g. SOC2, HIPAA, FDA, etc)
- experience in data modeling and schema design
- strong command of query design and optimization
- experience using multiple cloud databases and services with a focus on AWS offerings such as s3, emr, rds, aurora, dynamodb, elasticache, neptune, kinesis, etc.
- experience designing and automating ETL workflows using AWS services such as data pipelines, glue, and airflow
- knowledge of different types of databases and when to use which (e.g. relational, document, key/value) as well as experience with particular implementations such as mysql, redis, cassandra, etc.
- experience with syntax like SQL, GraphQL, SPARQL, OQL, etc.
- familiarity with data types such as parque, avro, json, csv, xml, etc.
- experience with health data specifications such as HL7 and FHIR and health code sets such as SNOMED, ICD-10, LOINC, and CPT
- experience integrating with EMRs such as Epic or Cerner
- familiarity with Amazon HealthLake
What We Offer
- an opportunity to have a lasting impact on the way people and communities engage with brain and mental health, and even to affect the prognosis of people’s mental and brain health trajectory
- experience-based market salary & benefits
- an exciting, dynamic start-up atmosphere
- a flexible work environment around hubs in Boston, San Diego, and Toronto (remote applicants will be considered)