Guidepoint’s Qsight group is a new, high-growth division focused on building market-leading data intelligence solutions for the healthcare industry. Operating like a start-up within a larger high-growth company, Qsight works with proprietary data to generate actionable insights for the world’s leading institutional investors and medical device and pharmaceutical companies. The Qsight team is passionate about creating market intelligence products through rigorous analysis of alternative data to deliver highly relevant, accurate insights to a global client base.
Qsight is seeking a driven, intellectually curious individual that’s passionate about data analysis and the healthcare space to join our team. The Healthcare Data Analyst will gain valuable experience in the market research space and work with the latest industry tools and technologies. A primary function of this role will be the development and refinement of Qsight’s medical aesthetics product, a data solution delivering high-valued insights to leading hedge funds and manufacturers. As this is a growing team, there will be substantial opportunities for advancement and to gain visibility into various facets of the quantitative research process.This position is a hybrid position out of our New York City headquarters.
What You’ll Do:
What You Have:
- Work on a dynamic team of data experts analyzing trends in the healthcare market, with a focus on the medical aesthetics sector
- Analyze primary market research and secondary alternative data sources in the aesthetics space, track quarterly volumes, and compare against company-reported revenue
- Support the R&D and production of industry-leading products for manufacturers, institutional investors, and other industry stakeholders
- Use a diverse array of technologies and tools (SQL, Excel, Tableau, and Python) to analyze and derive insights from proprietary data sources
- Summarize and report on complex findings using data visualizations and text commentary
- Research and stay apprised of all publicly available information on relevant markets and companies, including news, earnings releases, and FDA filings
What We Offer:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university with a preference for majors in economics, sociology, statistics, finance, or other social sciences
- 2+ years of experience working with alternative data sources, with a focus on the medical aesthetics and/or healthcare space highly preferred
- 2+ years of experience working in client-focused roles with time-sensitive deliverables
- Must have a passion for solving complex big data problems and a willingness to learn new technologies and tools
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, SQL required, with proficiency/experience with Python and Tableau highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including data visualizations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere with minimal supervision
- Strong focus on quality, attention to detail, and addressing client needs
- A desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where your work has high-impact on a fast-growing business
The annual base salary range for this position is $90,000 - $115,000. Base salary may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, as well as geographic location. Additionally, this position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus based on performance.You will also be eligible for the following benefits:
- 15 PTO days, 10 legal holidays, and sick days
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- 10% 401(k) match, life insurance, paid time-off, and parental leave plans
- Commuter benefits and a corporate gym rate
- Development opportunities through the LinkedIn Learning platform
- Free snacks and beverages in the office
- Friday happy hour and “Summer Fridays”
- Year-round corporate athletic league
- Casual work environment, team building, and other social events
Guidepoint is a leading research enablement platform designed to advance understanding and empower our clients’ decision-making process. Powered by innovative technology, real-time data, and hard-to-source expertise, we help our clients to turn answers into action.
Backed by a network of nearly 1.5 million experts and Guidepoint’s 1,300 employees worldwide, we inform leading organizations’ research by delivering on-demand intelligence and research on request. With Guidepoint, companies and investors can better navigate the abundance of information available today, making it both more useful and more powerful.
At Guidepoint, our success relies on the diversity of our employees, advisors, and client base, which allows us to create connections that offer a wealth of perspectives. We are committed to upholding policies that contribute to an equitable and welcoming environment for our community, regardless of background, identity, or experience.
Base salary may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, as well as geographic location. Additionally, this position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus based on performance.Compensation