As the needs of our customers change, so do we.
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people.
If you’re set on making real change for tomorrow, we have the scale, resources and ambition to get it started today.
Now’s an extraordinary time to work with us. We’re taking the lead on renewables and expanding our products to make them more sustainable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That’s what we call progress. To achieve it, we’re bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, backgrounds and talent – and we need yours too!
About the Role
We are building a world class Data & Analytics practice, leveraging best-in-class technology to anticipate, meet and exceed our customers’ needs, delivering competitive advantage to AGL. By using our data, analytics, decisioning, and marketing automation technology and streamlining delivery processes, customers will be able to seamlessly interact with AGL, leading to improved customer and commercial outcomes.
The Customer Data team is tasked with the planning, prioritisation, development, and operation of an Enterprise Data Platform (EDP) that supports analytics, reporting and also our Customer Engagement Engine (CEE), which is used to have meaningful, effective conversations with our customers at scale. The Data Engineer is responsible for the successful service delivery and support functions of data for analysis, insights and reporting for Customer Data. They also contribute to multi-site & mass market business and regulatory marketing, SAP customer hierarchies, financial targets and reporting to key stakeholders to assist AGL Energy in achieving its key business strategies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the Enterprise Data Platform (EDP) by developing scalable processes for ingestion, storage, and business consumption of data and support/resolution of issues within the platform
- Produce, check and deliver data for designated business and regulatory (i.e. PCP) marketing campaigns with success measured by accuracy, timeliness and adherence to AGL’s contact strategy as well as meeting all legal, compliance and regulatory requirements
- Support the successful production, checking and delivery of data and/or reporting for the business segment (including I&C, Multi-sites and SME/Small Medium Enterprise) which requires the sourcing, loading/storage, verification, manipulation/transformation and distribution of data from SAP as well as non-SAP offer/contract/CRM and/or billing systems
- Anticipate any campaign/reporting risks or issues and then communicate and act on appropriately
- Support continuous improvement, optimising processes, implementing data quality and consistency measures, and increasing automation of all data functions for business and regulatory activities
- Support and embrace new initiatives, platforms and/or tools through which the campaign and analysis data functions (including SAP Hierarchy, campaigns, ad-hoc analysis, queries and reports) can deliver its service
- Demonstrate AGL Values by acting in the best interests of AGL at all times and working together across the business to create the best overall results and decisions. Encourage and value the diversity in AGL’s workforce, upholding AGL’s inclusive workplace culture
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Strong working knowledge in BI and reporting tools, particularly SAP BusinessObjects. Require ability to slice/dice reports for deep dive analysis, as well as scope & develop reports as require
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases in a marketing context, and an advanced level of applied use of query tools specifically MS-SQL
- Strong understanding of ETL processes (Extract, Transform, Load) and data analysis skills
- Experience working on Cloud Data Platforms and with the Azure Cloud Platform, Azure Data Factory, Databricks and Azure SQL Services
- Exposure to other programming languages is desirable – Python, Scala, as well as source control tools (i.e. GitHub) and CI/CD workflows
- Good understanding and capability to manage regulatory compliance for all campaigning activities associated with AGL and external data
- Good working knowledge of CRM practices, systems (including contact/campaign management) and regulations
- High attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Good all-round communication and inter-personal skills, as well as pro-active internal stakeholder management skills
- Ability to effectively translate business requirements to meaningful and actionable insights and activities
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
AGL has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees and contractors to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination (subject to medical exemptions). This requirement applies to all workgroups, including workgroups where AGL employees and contractors are currently attending the workplace and workgroups currently working from home who will return to the workplace when circumstances permit.
By applying for this role, you acknowledge that you are aware that AGL has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, and if you are successful in securing employment with AGL, that you will be required to comply with this Policy.
Inclusion at AGL
At AGL, all employees are encouraged to be themselves and to bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTQ+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people.
AGL has a commitment to maintain a diverse workforce, and welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences. We also recognise that some applicants may not wish to disclose, and we respect their decision. To learn more about reasonable adjustments that can be offered throughout the recruitment process, please visit:
Job Family Group:
Analytics and Data Science