Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.Responsibilities
In the position of Data Scientist, the incumbent will support the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation, driving change and devising how data can be integrated, controlled, distributed, and accessed by programs, business units and operators across the enterprise. Guidehouse is seeking an enthusiastic data scientist with the desire to harness data through the application of data science principles, tools, and methods and to share this knowledge as a mentor and coach for others. The individual will support the NAVAIR Digital Group in establishing practical and applied data science practices at NAVAIR, and in solving complex problems that have data driven solutions. This individual will additionally mentor and instruct employees during this process with the goal or sharing their knowledge and growing the data science skill base in Southern Maryland at Patuxent River.Qualifications
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance or above.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale. Develop comprehensive understanding of data structures and metrics advocating for changes where needed for both products development and sales activity.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams. Work closely with engineers to identify opportunities for, design, and assess product improvement.
- Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- 2 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field. (e.g., as a statistician / data scientist / computational biologist / bioinformatician). Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, Julia, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL). +Experience with data modelling and analytics
- Able to clearly communicate (speaking and writing) technical concepts to a non-technical audience + Experience with data engineering and data security practices
- Experience managing, unifying, and automating dataflows from disparate sources
- Bachelors Degree. Heavy preference given to Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Science, or a similar quantitative field or 7 years related work experience with Bachelors
- 2 to 4 years of programming experience with the ability to write / maintain scripts in Python (or other scripting languages)
- Strong understanding of SQL
- Working knowledge of data format conversion
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a DOD Secret clearance throughout employment is required.
- Experience working on agile programs
- Experience with agile tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Understanding of cloud architecture + Experience working with NoSQL databases
- 2 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field. (e.g., as a statistician / data scientist / computational biologist / bioinformatician).
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, Julia, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL).
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program