The main objective of this role is to actively participate in Treasury innovation and digitalisation programme, through creating and embedding in-house data-driven solutions for stakeholders globally.
Our goal is to help influence top-level decision-making process. We aim to achieve that by providing critical, data-driven business insights via developing and introducing advanced analytical tools. This requires combining technical know-how (e.g., systems, data, programming) with a commercial mindset (business opportunities, regulatory constraints).
The successful candidate will be part of an agile squad, leading a small team delivering data modelling and analysis solutions for balance sheet optimisation. The team will be responsible for data sourcing, transformation, analysis and architecture, combining all necessary inputs into one aligned and complete data stream needed to deliver all required business views, metrics and simulations.
- Hands-on leadership of a team of specialized data modellers and analysts responsible for:
- Translating business analytical needs into data requirement / data model, working with technology Data Engineers to design the relevant data extracts as inputs to models and solutions,
- Analysing data extracts from source systems and validate if meets business requirements; working with Data Engineers to enhance the extracts,
- Implementing end to end data flow (pipes) in the in-house platform from raw data extract to final results table. This includes ETL, any transformations / stitching of different data set and enrichment with business logic,
- Reconciling raw data and transformed results between different sources,
- Maintaining and updating business mappings & logic,
- Performing some Excel prototyping work on forecasting analyses,
- Independently conducting deep-dive data analysis to investigate any issues,
- Proposing, creating, and delivering business-oriented MI to share with wider business audiences.
- Working with product owner to create business logic / mapping for stitching multiple different sets of data together and / or add business-related attributes.
- Working with technology to build and maintain the relevant database / tables based on the agreed architecture.
- Assure complete documentation of all underlying business mapping methodologies, design, assumptions and exceptions.
Requirements (must have)
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis, data architecture, data transformations, building end to end inhouse data flows (pipes) from source to output, preferably in a bank environment.
- Proficiency in Python and either R or SQL.
- Outstanding analytics and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, openminded and willing to learn new skills (both business and technical knowledge).
Advantages (good to have)
- Understanding and practical experience in liquidity risk, ALM, banking products, FTP, RWA/Capital and/or balance sheet optimisation (major advantage).
- Previous experience in end to end data extraction, ETL, transformation and MI building.
- Previous experience working in an agile environment and as a people leader.
- Prior experience with Dataiku data platform or with Balance Sheet Management platforms (Moody's Analytics, RiskPro, QRM, Oracle, etc.) or booking platforms (Murex, Kondor, etc.).
Role Specific Competencies
- Interest Rate Risk - earnings (NII) and value (EVE, PV01).
- Liquidity cashflow mismatch.
- LCR, NSFR and other regulatory metrics.
- Bank funding.
- Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP).
- Liquidity ratios such as LDR, deposit concentration etc.
- ALM and Commercial Book products.
- Understanding of Bank systems architecture.
- Python/R programming.
- Solution design and validation.
- End User testing / computation.
- Data Analysis.
- Data Design.
You will be offered
- Career development in a fast-growing company with a clear business strategy.
- Opportunity to expand international experience and build global professional relations.
- Competitive benefits package (incl. health & life insurance, pension plan, meal & sports cards).
- 3 days of paid volunteering leave our employees can use to support the cause of their choice.
- Convenient location (next to Rondo Daszyńskiego) with subway, tram and bus lines.
- Comfortable office space with chillout areas, free coffee/tea & fruit supply.
- Contribution to building our newest Global Business Services centre.
- 26 days of leave per year for all the employees.
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers