Clipchamp is the go-to video platform with one simple mission: to empower anyone to tell stories worth sharing. Since 2016 we’ve attracted over seventeen million registered users globally and counting, and that’s only the beginning. We've now joined Microsoft's Office Media Group (OMG) - to empower every person and organisation to achieve more with media.
Building and maintaining strong connections across location and time is critical in the world we live in, and the emotional power of media – video, audio, and photos – makes it perfect for fostering personal connections and sharing information.
Our in-browser platform gives users access to professional video editing tools and features alongside a one million asset-strong stock library and hundreds of editable video templates. We're the video platform that's built with everyday editors and creators in mind.About The Team
While Clipchamp is predominantly based in Australia, Office Media Group is a global team with offices in five countries. Joining Clipchamp means you'll join a team of colleagues who live all around the world. We’re committed to each team member feeling connected, regardless of where they work and live.Clipchamp’s Technical Stack
We are beginning our Microsoft data journey which involves tools such as Kusto and Power BI. We also heavily product metrics captured by Amplitude.
Our video editing experience lives completely in-browser, which means pushing the boundaries of what web technologies can do. We hold a high bar for performance and user experience and invest in unique technologies like in-browser file caching, video composition, and video encoders.
Our frontend codebase is built on React, TypeScript, WebAssembly, ServiceWorkers, and WebGL. On the backend we use Python and are introducing C# for native apps and services. We deploy code to production daily, supported by a culture of automated testing and our dedicated engineering productivity team.Responsibilities
As a Data Engineer you will be:
- Working with a diverse team of engineers, product managers, and growth specialists to define and implement Clipchamp’s data platform.
- A driving force in Clipchamp’s privacy and GDPR compliance initiatives.
- Designing metrics that will be used to drive decisions across the Clipchamp business.
- Accelerating your career in a truly innovative and global engineering team.
Who we’re looking for:
Bonus Points If You Love
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in a data engineering role, building ETL pipelines and transforming datasets for consumption by a wide audience of roles.
- Proficiency in a big data querying language such as SQL or Spark.
- Passion for learning new skills with the ability to thrive in a feedback-driven environment.
- Someone who drives collaboration in your own team and across squads - you're able to consider others ideas, implement new methods, surface and resolve disagreements and empathize with users without breaking a sweat.
- Online video and contributing to the technically challenging problems we’re solving
- Maxing out what browsers can do, that’s what we’re about! We were told you can’t build a video editing platform in browser, including encoding the final video – but we did!
Please note: All new employees of OMG/Clipchamp will be required to partake in a background check.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#Clipchamp #OMG #Office Media Group
#Australia #Sydney #Melbourne #Brisbane #Perth #Darwin #Hobart #New Zealand #Remote