What You’ll Do
What You’ll Need
- Help to make location content best-in-class by advocating for and implementing changes to technology, process, tools, and systems
- Draw our strategy based on insights obtained by manipulating data from a huge variety of sources system logs, satellite imagery, vertical imagery, street level imagery, GPS traces, etc. individually and by fusing several combinations of these sources
- Use these sources individually or their combinations to predict various map features and attributes by training statistical models/ ML / AI models
- State the quality level of our maps via statistical experiments that help us understand where we are and why, and deliver effective insights that help drive our map editing strategy
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Collaborate with teams to bring synergy, with tools a communications channels that ensure transparency and knowledge sharing cross the company
- Dedicate part of your weekly schedule on research and development to acquire new skills, run your own experiments
- Work in a mostly-remote and flexible way that will allow you find the perfect work life balance
What's Nice To Have
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working as a Data Scientist in deploying ML at scale in production
- Experience in slicing and dicing of large data sets to draw insights
- Fair statistical knowledge and expertise in designing and testing experiments
- Experience in various ML / AI techniques and frameworks
- Experience working with Big Data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hive, …)
- Good communications skills in English
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, good at data storytelling
- A drive to learn new technologies
- Bachelor’s/Masters/PHD in Computer science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent field
What We Offer
- Experience in deploying trained models for high scalability on public cloud platforms (Azure/AWS) using Docker containers
- Active participation in competitions on a platform such as Kaggle
- Knowledge and experience with using GIS tools for spatial data analysis
- Knowledge and experience on Webscrapping (e.g., scrapy, selenium)
- Reporting and dashboarding tools Streamlit, R Shiny, PowerBI, Tableau, …
- Strong level of proficiency in Python, Unix/Linux, and SQL
- Competitive compensation package
- Working @ TomTom, our work flexibility program – with this, you and your team decide where is best for you to work depending on the activity you’re doing. This could be at home or in the office.
- Home office benefits – you’ll be provided with a one-time home office setup budget to create a safe and ergonomic work environment, as well as a monthly allowance to support home office expenses.
- Extended Location Flexibility – with this benefit, you may be eligible to work abroad for up to 30 days in your country of citizenship, or up to 90 calendar days in select countries and states.
- Holiday package, including your birthday off.
- Hackathons, DevDays and more – at TomTom, you’ll have the opportunity to bring your ideas to life, shaping them to help millions of people around the world.
- Learning opportunities – grow at TomTom through our internal learning programs.
- Being part of a collaborative and inclusive global culture – we have over 80 nationalities!
- Plus, there will be additional benefits tailored to your work location!
Meet your team
We’re Maps, a global team within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. Our team is driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for hundreds of millions of users around the world. Joining our team, you’ll continuously innovate our mapmaking processes, directly contributing to our vision engineering the world's most trusted and useful map.
You’ll help people find their way in the world. In 2004, TomTom revolutionized how the world moves with the introduction of the first portable navigation device. Now, we intend to do it again by engineering the first-ever real-time map, the smartest and most useful map on the planet.
Work with a team of 4,000+ unique, curious and passionate problem-solvers. Together, we’ll open up a world of possibilities for car manufacturers, enterprises and developers to help people understand and get closer to the world around them.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout your journey with us, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews all the way through onboarding. To find out more about our application process, check out our hiring FAQs .
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
TomTom is where you can find your place in the world. Every day we welcome, nurture and celebrate differences. Why? Because your uniqueness is what makes you, you
. No matter your culture or background, you’ll find your impact at TomTom. Research also shows that sometimes women and underrepresented communities can be hesitant to apply for positions unless they believe they meet 100% of the criteria. If you can relate to this, please know that we’d love to hear from you.