Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. You can work at home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Link is a pillar in the Veeva system landscape that envisions “Connecting life sciences and key people to improve research and care.”Our product offers real-time academics, social, and medical data to build comprehensive profiles. These profiles help our life-science industry partners find the right experts to accelerate the development and the adoption of new therapeutics. We accelerate clinical trials and equitable care. We are proud that our work helps patients receive their most urgent care sooner.
Your analysis will shape the product roadmap for a new Link product focused on clinical trials. You will design and create an end-to-end pipeline to extract predefined categories of information from big unstructured data in multi-domain and multi-lingual setups. You will have access to cloud infrastructure to develop your model and support from a team of software developers and DevOps engineers to deploy it to production.
We want to develop new algorithms to redefine the industry expectations for quality vs. quantity compromise. We train ML models empowered by over 1200 curators to meet both the quality and the scale requirements. ML models complement and learn from continuous curation and scale our solutions to different regions, languages, and medical specialties.
You can work remotely anywhere in Germany, but you have to live in Germany and be legally authorized to work there without requiring Veeva’s support for visa or relocation. If you do not meet this condition, but you think you are an exceptional candidate please clarify it in a separate note and we will consider it.
What You’ll Do
- Develop machine learning models at scale and in AWS cloud to structure and analyze scientific data
- Adopt the latest technologies and trends in AI to your platform
- Use and develop named entity recognition, entity-linking, slot-filling, few-shot learning, active learning, dense passage retrieval and other statistical techniques and models for information extraction and machine reading
- Deeply understand and analyze our data model per data source and geo-region and interpret model decisions
- Collaborate with data quality teams to define annotation tasks, metrics, and perform qualitative and quantitative evaluation
- Collaborate with engineering teams to implement models at terminal scale
- 4+ years of experience as a data scientist (or 2+ years with a Ph.D. degree)
- Fluent in Python/Java and experience with bashing script
- Strong analytical skills and data curiosity
- Good English and strong communication skills
- Experience in at least one framework for BigData (e.g. Spark, DASK) and one framework for Deep Learning (e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch)
- Mastery of Machine Learning, including up-to-date knowledge of latest ML innovations and frameworks
- Used to start-up environments
- Social competence and a team player
- High energy and ambitious
- Agile mindset
Nice to Have
- Background in clinical (trial) data
- Experience in life/health science industry, notably pharma
- Having published in AI space in a peer-reviewed journal
- Production-grade development Skills
- Cloud development, especially AWS
- Experience in NLP, NER, deduplication, entity-linking, or graph-processing
- Leadership skills and a solid network to help in hiring and growing the team
- Experience in containerization, Kubernetes and relevant distributed computing for training and inference
- Experience with NoSQL databases, especially MongoDB
- Familiarity with model registry solutions such as MLflow
Perks & Benefits
- Work anywhere
- Personal development budget
- Veeva charitable giving program
- Fitness reimbursement
- Life insurance + pension fund
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and growing a diverse workforce. Diversity makes us stronger. It comes in many forms. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, disability and life experience shape us all into unique individuals. We value people for the individuals they are and the contributions they can bring to our teams.