The Applications Development Manager is an intermediate management level position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to lead applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Manage a team of Applications Development professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, training and development, hiring and disciplinary actions) as well as act as an advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts
- Oversee process for technical issue escalation and prioritize technical issue resolution
- Leverage skills across Applications Development area to provide technical oversight across systems and applications
- Communicate internal and external departmental interdependence as well as cross product and cross project
- Resolve issues using in-depth knowledge of concepts and procedures within applications development
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business processes, system processes, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Contribute to planning, budget management, formulation of procedures, and resource planning negotiating with external parties when necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years of experience in building solutions with machine learning, graph analytics and other advance analytics techniques.
- In depth knowledge of data pre-processing, feature engineering and modeling.
- In depth knowledge of scalable model deployment, model performance monitoring stats and modelling pipeline automation.
- Hands-on experience with Python/Pyspark and basic libraries for machine learning is required;
- Proficiency with SQL language and able to construct high efficient SQL queries.
- Good understanding of the principles of software engineering and data analytics.
- Hands-on experience with XGBoost, Tensorflow, scikit-learn, PySpark, Spark GraphX is preferred.
- Experience in consumer banking or other financial services domains is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement .
To view the EEO Policy Statement .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting .