As a data analyst, you are responsible for visualising and reporting on media and social data created by marketing activity, identifying trends and providing actionable insights to improve performance. You are responsible for creating both internal and external dashboards and reports. There will be times where you will be asked to present the data and insights to clients and internal teams either from a dashboard or from Google Slides.
Place within the organisation
- Reports to the Data Team Lead in the analytics and data team in the Global Ops Team.
- Works with the global ops team, international analytics teams, local and global commercial teams and global consultants (local and international)
Required skills and experience
As a data analyst, you are required to visualise data in data studio and Datorama dashboards and provide insights to our clients and internal teams using dashboards, Google Slides reports and advanced data manipulation techniques in Google Sheets.
In order to successfully perform this role, you will need the following hard and soft skills:Hard skills
- Data Studio
- BigQuery (utilise BigQuery as a data source)
- Advanced Excel/ Google Sheets
- Google Analytics Reporting (Universal and 4)
- Data Insights
- Data Visualisation
- Presentation Skills (Google Slides)
- Knowledge of Key Metrics and Dimensions for GMP Platforms (DV360, CM360, SA360), Google Ads and Facebook
- Strong Knowledge of Digital Marketing strategy / online acquisition channels and attribution
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to think and act independently as well as collaboratively.
- Relentless enthusiasm and highly reliable.
- Ownership driven, pro-active to self-learn and make progress.
- Confidently deal with enquiries around analytics from and establish influential relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- An excellent communicator and be able to present ideas, verbally and in writing (to internal stakeholders and clients where required)
- Strong technical communicator - able to turn complex technical concepts into simple and easy to understand concepts for both internal teams and clients.
- Exceptional attention to detail and pride in any work produced.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, pro-learning environment on multiple priorities simultaneously. Strong ability to prioritize and manage own time as well as assisting teams where needed
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Display honesty and integrity at all times
- Accountable for your actions even when making mistakes
- Organized and detail oriented
- Be approachable and open to constructive feedback
- Display a hunger for knowledge and a willingness to learn for any situation
Tasks and responsibilities
Your tasks responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Dashboarding (with and without insights)
- Monthly Reports
- Quarterly Reviews
- Ad Hoc Reports
- Documentation of all projects and processes for scalability across team
- Problem Solving
- Proactive Maintenance of Reports and Dashboards
- GA IQ certification
- Google Tag Manager Assessment
- Data Studio Assessment
- DV360 Certification Exam
- SA360 Certification Exam
- Campaign Manager Certification Exam
- BigQuery Course (TBC)
- SQL Course (TBC)
Next role: Senior data analyst