Job Title: Data Engineer
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
This is a new team within the Data and Analytics organization. The team is fast-paced while managing highly accurate detailed information. We collaborate and support every business unit within ServiceNow.
We are looking for a dynamic, perennially curious, self-motivated and data centric individual to drive Business Intelligence endeavors for the Business. A candidate to nurture, execute and deploy BI projects to direct our investments, manage business levers, track progress against guidance, predict and prescribe targeted opportunities. The role entails collaborative engagements with Field & Product Line Sales Teams, Global Services, Alliances & Channels and FP&A to deploy insightful analytic products, establish alignment on processes teams and deliver strategic metrics for current and future business initiatives.
What you get to do in this role:
- You will provide insights and deep analysis being sought by users/business stakeholders
- Work with Cross Functional Analytics team members to curate and assimilate insights
- Grow into being SME on business functions
- Gather business requirements from stakeholders on various analytics initiatives
- Analyze requirements, determine optimal solutions and determine gap from current state, dependencies and ways to mitigate risks
- Develop business requirements documentation, process workflow diagrams, functional specifications, user acceptance test scripts and other supporting documentation for Business Intelligence and Analytics initiatives
- Assist stakeholders with data analysis, design data models & develop DB Views, procs, models in SAP HANA to meet business need
- Develop dashboard and report prototypes and mockups with respect to the UX/UI Best Practices and have impactful UI Design
- Communicate status regularly with stakeholders
- Define required data integration requirements between various systems and work with extended team to get them created
- Collaborate with India Development Center BI team to translate business requirements and get appropriate data solutions developed to meet business need
- Partner with Global BI team to help implement solutions for end user adoption
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information System, Analytics, Business Intelligence or related field required
- 0 to 3+ years of documented experience in writing strong SQL, PLSQL in data warehouse technologies (Hana, Snowflake or any modern database).
- Ability to analyze data coming from myriad data sources, mine and analyze and derive value from it to improve business SQL and other computer programs (Python, R is preferred)
- Ability to visualize the results in the previous step by putting together simple and easily consumable dashboards using reporting tools
- Working knowledge Tableau, Power BI is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability and be able dive into technical details and design analytics solutions
- Expertise in database design & development, writing optimized queries, handling Facts, dimension data effectively
- Must have good communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Capable of using Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio or similar products
- Business process design, project management, and/or Agile SDLC experience a plus
- 1-2 years of SAP HANA experience is a plus