Country: SpainWhat You Will Be Doing
Data Scientist Risks – Data Science & BI (Openbank)
We are the 100% digital bank of the Santander Group and we are currently undergoing a technological transformation and international expansion process. In 2017, we kicked off our relaunch plans and have been continuously expanding and growing ever since, especially when it comes to technology. We work in a start-up format, using agile methodologies to take our customers' experience to the next level. In 2019, we launched in the Netherlands, Germany and Portugal, recently followed by Argentina, with other countries currently in the pipeline.
Our culture sets us apart from the rest; social and diversity clubs are part of our essence and day-to-day culture.
We are a flexible and fast adapting team currently working remotely most of the time using all kinds of communication tools – we’ve barely noticed the change!Mission and responsibilities:
As a Data Scientist, your mission will be to provide the link between the pure commercial business needs with the analytical engines, creating the link between business areas and a team of data scientists. In particular, Openbank’s Data Science-Risk department has a clear need for data-based solutions that go from credit scoring to fraud detection. This role will support the advance analysis of data in order to obtain risk-related insights that foster the development of the data-driven risk strategy of Openbank.
This position stands within the Data Science-Risks team, where we go beyond optimizing the ROC-AUC curve; we expect you to have experience applying ML algorithms and engines to solve Business problems and take data-driven decisions.
For this role you need to have at least 3 years of proven experience in an industrial environment.
To be successful in the role you must have experience on:
- You think out of the box, you like to continuously think and propose new points of improvement for models.
- You love to learn and dig into rigorous analysis, but you are a problem solver that needs to understand the problem to solve.
- You enjoy never-faced challenges and data sources.
- You have interest in learning from other Data Science experts, using feedback to improve analysis and understanding of strategies.
- You can explain complex topics to a diverse range of audiences.
- You feel comfortable participating in the development of scalable solutions and productizing; however, we have a ML-Operations team that will support you in achieving technical excellence.
- You know git and feel comfortable using it, and how to develop your own code, test it and use it to produce actionable results.
- You are able to produce functional code beyond Jupyter Notebooks.
- Programming skills for data analytics. Knowledge of Python and Spark. Some experience in object-oriented programming is desirable.
- You know the basics of SQL and you are able to query essential information from multiple tables.
Statistical Modelling and Machine Learning
What do we offer?
- You have some experience with supervised and unsupervised problems.
- You have experience with binary classification problems, and you know standard ML methods.
- You know the difference between a random forest and k-means and know how to implement them.
- You know how to tune their hyperparameters in order to avoid overfitting/underfitting.
- You know different model evaluation metrics, and when one is preferred versus others.
- You have worked with problems from the beginning to the end of the process.
- Joining a dynamic and agile company undergoing international expansion.
- Working in start-up mode with the support of the Santander Group.
- Competitive remuneration and attractive benefits package.
- Possibility of growth within the company and the Group.
- Collaborating on international projects in different countries.
- Excellent work environment, social clubs and frequent events (virtual at present).
Would you like to grow with us? Join our team!Openbank is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered as equal without paying attention to gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, age, political orientation, union membership nor disability status.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
If you´re not currently living in Madrid or Valencia and you are open to relocate yourself, we would still love to consider your application