40 hour per week, 8:00am-5:00pm
- POSITION SUMMARYProvides day-today support for analytical projects and reports that address organizational strategic imperatives and Elliot Management System needs.Provides analytics that support new approaches to system-wide models for delivering health care and improving the health of populations including Accountable Care Organization models and shared savings programs.Supports quality initiatives as a member of the Center for Clinical Excellence team through identification & development of appropriate process and outcome metrics, process/workflow design/re-design, validation of data and collection & analysis of data. The person in this role will be responsible for supporting the department and the organization in attainment of goals including improvement of quality outcomes for all patients, creation of efficient systems of care, and delivering an exceptional patient experience across the Elliot Health System.Become an in-house expert on our databases and visualization tools: assist junior analysts in their delivery of key reporting products.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports EHS clinical analytics, including but not limited to, quality, service, cost, and satisfaction-related measure development, continuous improvement methods, internal and external program reporting requirements, and project planning.
- Define data source and structures to support predictive analytics for projects to improve care coordination, utilization and planning for programs/services to improve the health of the community.
- Recommends appropriate analytic and descriptive statistical tools to evaluate clinical performance and outcomes. Performs testing and validation on data generated and used by the organization. Audits system, databases and generated reports regularly to maintain data and system reliability. Provides support for data governance activities as needed.
- Develops reports targeted to the audience including visual display of information to assist staff in understanding opportunities for improvement as well as to for critical utilization measures and activities; presents information in venues within the organization as well as to external audiences as required.
- Facilitates multiple continuous improvement initiatives including the Elliot Management Systems and committee participation as assigned as part of interdisciplinary work teams throughout the health system.
- Supports data activities and clinical workgroups related to accreditation, program management and quality improvement for DNV, CMS, State of NH, and other external regulatory agencies and payers.
- Provides support to CCE team and serves as internal resource for questions related to data analysis, data mining, software, sampling, metric development, use of Visio, Tableau, SQL, Excel and other tools used within the department.
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Solid problem solving, trouble shooting, root cause analysis skills, strong analytic skills and experience with analysis of data for improvement, population health and/or research required.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft products including Excel and Visio required; experience analyzing large data sets and creating dashboards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to present complex information effectively with a wide range audience.
- Experience with medical terminology including use of ICD-10, CPT and other taxonomy used in medical settings for the identification/classification of disorders, treatment, procedures, medications, etc.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and assignments; work independently as well as in a team environment; and deal effectively with complex assignments and projects essential.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to learn, lead, coach, teach, and inspire required.
- Ability to take initiative to organize people, processes and projects required. Possess high degree of professionalism and confidence along with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of clinical and business units and cross-functional areas. Maintain a customer-centric perspective, lead with curiosity, can use humble inquiry, and carry a growth mindset.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and uphold requirements related to highly sensitive information; solid understanding of HIPPA requirements as well as use of information for purposes of improvement.
- Working knowledge of hospital regulatory reporting and incentive programs including CMS (IQR/OQR) , Value Based Purchasing, Promoting Interoperability, and other similar programs.
- Working knowledge of ambulatory reporting and quality programs such as ACO, Quality Payment Program, HEDIS, etc.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/LICENSUREEducation: Bachelor’s degree in analytics, computer science, engineering, public health, or related field required. Master’s Degree in Public Health, Healthcare Administration or other healthcare related field preferred.Experience: Three (3) to five (5) years previous analytics and/or quantitative work experience, preferably in a healthcare setting. Strong data analytics and reporting experience required. Experience in project management, agile, lean, and change management preferred.Certification/Licensure: Certified Professional of Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) or Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA) preferred.Software/Hardware: Demonstrate strong PC skills, Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel, Strong use of data visualization software such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, etc. Experience using Crystal Reports.Programming: Experience including strong knowledge of SQL (queries, views and stored procedures, table-driven dynamic SQL), Use of data manipulation and analysis programming language (R, Python, or similar) and EPIC EHR.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Location: Elliot Health System · Center for Clinical Excellence
Schedule: 8:00A-5:00P, Days, 40 hour per week, 8:00am-5:00pm