NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
LOCATION: KRAKÓW OR REMOTELY FROM POLAND
SALARY: 26 000 – 35 000 PLN gross/monthly
Every month we are proud to be home to 300 million users around the world. Brainly’s knowledge base consists of hundreds of millions of Q&A content in more than 12 languages and covers a broad spectrum of educational subjects at different grades.
Our AI strategy and roadmap are investing more and more in our capacity to best exploit modern LLMs and build domain-specific layers around them.
Being able to design and craft optimal prompts is fundamental for our success.
We would like to establish a Prompt Optimization team with a specific focus on tailoring and optimizing prompts for LLM-powered product features at Brainly.
The team will dedicate efforts to constantly researching and experimenting with the S-O-T-A and applying it to our business domain.
Thus, supporting production teams developing product features with LLMs, while the Prompt Optimization team figures out and optimizes the underlying prompts for improving the quality of generated answers and the corresponding user satisfaction.
You will have the chance to work with top-class scientists, engineers, and domain experts, and to drive the data science and research processes of our LLM-based product features end-to-end.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiast of the educational domain with a blend of coding and machine learning.
As a Data Scientist in Prompt Engineering you will have the chance to work with top-class scientists, engineers, and domain experts, and to drive the data science and research processes of our LLM-based product features end-to-end.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiast of the educational domain with a blend of coding, machine learning, and statistics skillset, and most importantly motivated to work full-time to master the art of prompt engineering.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Research and experiment with the latest state-of-the-art methods applied to Brainly data and education domain
- Train and share knowledge with the rest of ml practitioners on those advances
- Implement novel techniques of language understanding, knowledge representation, and content generation
- Training, fine-tuning, testing, and distilling language models
- Develop tools and algorithms to experiment and test prompts, and models parameters, for a variety of applications
- E.g. question answering, personalization, classification, tagging, entity extraction, summarization, paraphrasing, text cleaning, ranking/comparison
- Rapidly provide data science support and programmatic procedures to the AI Prompt Writer, or optimize existing ones, for specific functionalities of Brainly’s product
- e.g. Ginny, AI tutor, internal processes, and others
- Provide suggestions for new utilization of LLMs as part of Brainly product features or optimization of internal processes
- Provide consulting, initial research, and recommendations of which prompts techniques and industry practices to try as part of the R&D of planned production ML systems
- Quantitatively identify, via advanced analytics, strengths and weaknesses of LLMs (off the shelf and proprietary), content characteristics, or users' intentions, and report insights related to opportunities for improvement
- Hence, informing AI strategy and roadmap
- Develop scientific and programmatic methodologies and procedures for the evaluation of LLM-generated content
- Enable Brainly employees who are dealing with LLM technologies to learn how to use the technology, what to expect from it, and what kind of custom QA layers are required on top
- Effectively communicate results and storytelling with data to direct stakeholders and the company at large
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 2 to 5+ years experience (depending on seniority), or a comparable industry career, with machine learning, natural language processing, data mining, or statistical modeling
- 2 to 5+ years of working experience in Python and the PyData stack or other numerical programming languages
- Experience with analyzing and producing insights from digital product datasets using both qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Strong theoretical background in at least a few among natural language processing (especially modern language models), high-dimensional classifiers, regression models, clustering algorithms, recommender systems, time-series analysis, Bayesian inference, text analytics, knowledge graphs, representation learning (embeddings), computer vision, or social network analysis
- At least some of the data analysis and visualization tools such as pandas, dask, vaex, matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, dash, bokeh, shap, streamlit
- Fluent English
- Motivation to focus full-time on developing hands-on experience and “get in syntony” with each model in order to learn/guess what to expect from each of them in each different context and prompt scenario before even trying
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- Experience with fine-tuning, evaluating, and/or integrating LLMs in production
- Experience with transformers or other deep learning models in production
- Experience with text mining and text analytics
- Experience with data engineering, ETL jobs, or data streaming applications and such technologies as Spark, DataBricks, Glue, EMR, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL, key-value stores, Redshift, Snowflake
- Familiarity with at least some of the ML technologies such as AWS SageMaker, Tensorflow Extended, PyTorch, Spark ML, scikit-learn, XGBoost, KubeFlow, MLFlow, or related frameworks
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Busuu, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English, Polish & Ukrainian via the Mental Health Helpline
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent Brainly at conferences or meet-ups
- We also provide stock options
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly is a leading global learning platform with the most extensive Knowledge Base for all school subjects and grades. Hundreds of millions of students, parents and educators rely on Brainly as the proven platform to accelerate understanding and learning. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries. We are backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments.
Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com
By sending us your application you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. will process your personal data to participate in this recruitment process. If you want to know more about how Brainly processes your personal data please check here [https://careers.brainly.com/data-protection].