At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Data Engineer | Data and Analytics
We are seeking Data Engineers who have a strong desire to enhance there data modelling skills to join our Data and Analytics team across Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. This role is offered on a flexible, full-time basis.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organisations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
As a Data Engineer, you will support our clients in defining and implementing a data journey aligned with their strategic objectives. You will be working closely with our Enterprise Architects and various Data Source and Target system stakeholders across a variety of different industry sectors to implement world-class data driven solutions. You will be a key contributor and driver of Data Product transformations and enablement as core part of the solution team.
You will drive the standardised definition of our client’s data domains, data product taxonomy and schema driven development as well as assist the business users and technology teams to incorporate these into their landscapes to enable business agility and innovation.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
Lead, develop and maintain data taxonomies, data models, schemas and definitions across all lines of business while working closely with Data Architects and various system stakeholders
- Advise and implement leading industry practice data modelling production, storage, and consumption standards, elaborate and champion best practices for data modelling and evolving practices like schema driven development, schema DevOps and modern data modelling techniques
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our key architects and stakeholders across clients and internal EY service lines
- Understand and document how data is, or will be used, and its implications on people, processes, products and technology
- Contribute and evolve EY’s data modelling frameworks, standards and best practices
To qualify for the role, you must have
Data modelling using techniques such as Schema driven modelling, Data Vault, 3rd Normal Form, Kimball (5+ Years)
- Broad domain experience including Financial Services (Banking, Insurance), Defence, Health and Logistics, with the ability to link the dots across industry data sets
- Understanding of traditional Data Modelling principles (Kimball, 3NF, Data Vault, etc.)
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical requirements from Conceptual to physical data models
- Ability to translate high level design into specific implementation steps
Ideally, you’ll also have
Experience and understanding of metadata management
- Experience in working with industry data models (IBM’s IDW/IFW, Accord, Teradata FS-LDM, ARTS Retail Model, etc.)
- Experience with Data Modelling tools such as CA ERWin, Sparx EA, Finos Legend etc.
- DevOps understanding applied to data models, i.e. ModelOps
- Experience applying data modelling to different format types like AVRO, Parquet, JSON, Relational structures
- Experience with Event based architecture and event processing regarding data modelling
- Experience with different storage types and modelling approaches (Relational, NoSQL, Object store, GraphDBs, BI reporting tools such as SAS, Power BI, Tableau, etc
What we offer
A tech career @ EY means working with 40,000 fellow technologists who are creating cutting edge applications in blockchain, AI, cloud, analytics, robotics and cyber, harnessing tech to power the human enterprise and build a more equitable, sustainable world. We offer world class training and a free Tech MBA to all our people.
Globally at EY, we are committed to offer:
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third-party provider.