As a Data Analyst you will be part of our Data & Analytics service line. Our team aims to support clients in their end-to-end Data & Analytics needs, ranging from data strategy and data management to predictive and prescriptive analytics.
A Data Analyst at BearingPoint is a little different than at other companies. Of course, you will help our clients by analyzing data, visualizing it, and delivering the most useful insights to drive business decisions, but that is not all you do. You will also act in a consulting role, helping the client identify the best (analytics) option for their business challenge, advising them on which question to tackle first and sometimes even teaching client employees your skills.
As a Data Analyst you are responsible for delivering business analytics projects, both independently and as part of a team with change and process consultants. Depending on your experience level, you will be responsible for leading small teams of colleagues in delivery. During a project you will make smart use of the available data from the client and if of value, augment that with additional data.
Your primary responsibilities are:
· Delivery of analytics projects in the descriptive and diagnostics analytics space
· Designing and developing analytics approaches to solve the client’s business challenge
· Providing guidance and support to the client or your BearingPoint colleagues in implementing the outcomes of an analysis
· Signaling the needs of the clients and implementing these within the project scope
· Help coach and develop junior colleagues in the D&A team, also outside of the context of a project
· Identifying gaps in the client’s data & analytics capabilities and proactively addressing those, potentially creating prerequisites for the original analytics projects to move forward.
Your qualifications & competencies
· A relevant and completed Master’s Degree (Engineering and Policy Analysis, Industrial Engineering & Management, Science Business and Innovation, Business Analytics, Quantitative Marketing or similar studies)
· 2-5 years of experience in data analysis
· Knowledge of and practical experience with analytical techniques, this should include but not be limited to data analysis, data mining and data visualization
· Experience with dashboarding tools like PowerBi and Tableau
· (some) experience with SQL or the willingness to learn in the first months of employment
· Experience with Python or R is a plus
· Experience in a consulting role is a plus
· A can-do and independent work-attitude
· Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English (written and spoken).
What we offer
BearingPoint offers the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of talented professionals in The Netherlands, being part of our firm wide community. The spirit is entrepreneurial; the culture is cooperative; the structure is flat, and the result is growth.
Working at BearingPoint means:
· The opportunity to grow personally and professionally. We have a substantial training program, both for people with limited experience as well as for more experienced hires.
· A steep learning curve with direct client contact and the opportunity to have impact on our business
· Being part of a relatively small (~70 people), but close, group of enthusiastic consultants
· A healthy work-life balance which includes parental leave days and flexible working hours
· Excellent compensation and benefits packages, such as a permanent contract, (electric) lease car, laptop, smartphone, a collective pension, and health scheme
As our clients put it “we like working with BearingPoint, because they truly help us grow and aim to make themselves superfluous”.