Permanent contract, full-time or part-time, Cologne / Darmstadt / Düsseldorf / RemoteInfo
We operate the international of Kaufland: Several thousand sellers and millions of products make us one of the fastest growing online marketplaces. Ours is a dynamic corporate culture that merges a start-up mentality with the opportunities offered by a large corporation. We combine knowledge and many years of experience in e-commerce with flat hierarchies and a highly motivated team.We love flexibility!
We offer you the best environment to work in a flexible and focussed way: You get to decide whether you want to work in one of our offices in Cologne // Darmstadt // Düsseldorf, but also have the opportunity to work remotely (within Germany) and choose the best of both. We want to offer you the most attractive workplace in e-commerce and maximum flexibility for your personal work-life balance.
Day by day, our development team of about 350 experts pursues the goal of creating the best possible customer shopping experience for our online marketplace. To enrich the lives of our customers, we collaborate in cross-functional teams. Learn about how they are structured and more details about our product areas here: .Aufgaben
Your Tasks – This Is What Awaits You In Detail
- You collaborate with cross-functional product teams and support them in integrating machine learning intelligence into our processes. You leverage the power of large datasets including time series sales data, textual product information, product images, customer reviews, and customers’ behavioural data.
- You extend and apply your theoretical knowledge of algorithms to extract meaningful insights and develop practical solutions for real-world business challenges.
- You collaborate with other Data Scientists and help solve a variety of challenges including supervised and unsupervised approaches to tackle complex problems like
- Identifying actionable insights on product sales performance gained from data
- Refining pricing models for our marketplace and direct sales business.
- Optimizing customer support processes by data-driven strategies.
- You bridge the gap between academic advancements and production-level implementation.
- You support your team in tracking the impact of data science solutions and thus gather immediate feedback about the value you provide to our customers and our business.
Your Profile – This Is What We Expect From You
- You have a university master’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, or the like.
- You have had specialized courses or first hands-on practical experience in data science or in applied machine learning.
- You are highly motivated to pursue your professional career in an applied data science environment thinking “end-to-end” over just solving a theoretical problem.
- You have worked collaboratively with others to produce software in Python and ideally are familiar with technologies like Gitlab, Docker, Kubernetes. You have theoretical and practical knowledge of data science related Python libraries such as pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, and/or PyTorch.
- Ideally you also have knowledge of SQL or SQL-like dialects to find your way around our data sources.
- You display a high willingness to learn, the capacity for abstraction, and a sound theoretical background.
- You are sharing your knowledge with your colleagues proactively and embrace the mindset of growing as a team.
- You have excellent communication skills, are willing to embrace our company culture and values, and enjoy working in an international, English-speaking team.
- You are willing to work in a remote-first environment.
What we offer
Diversity at Kaufland e-commerce
- Create your own work-life balance: Work at one of our locations in Cologne, Darmstadt, Düsseldorf or up to 100% remotely!
- Diversity and variety: An international environment with talents from over 55 different nations creates innovative and exciting perspectives
- Do you want to move to Germany? No problem – we offer you an attractive relocation package to give you a smooth start.
- Power meets dynamic: Flat hierarchies and start-up mentality meet the power of a big corporate group, providing you an agile and secure working environment
- Free choice of hardware: MacBook or Lenovo Linux, it's up to you
- We are team players: Our strong bond extends beyond our own team: we stay connected thanks to our many internal offerings, such as our digital onboarding program, our all-hands meetings and regular team and company events
- The future is digital: Develop the e-commerce of the future with us and work on a product with millions of users
- ‘ Deutschlandticket ’: We subsidise your train season ticket for more mobility
- Urban Sports Club: Get top deals for fitness, team sports, yoga and more
- Personal & team growth: We love flexibility in terms of working location, but we also believe that personal interactions are important. That’s why we organise company events, and cover the costs to bring you there and to other (approved) get-togethers with your peers. The same applies to conferences and other learning opportunities. We want everybody to grow personally and professionally, as a team and as a company Check out our & our for even more insights into our company culture!
We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of skin colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, ethnic origin, religion and ideology. We are signatories to the Charta der Vielfalt (German Diversity Charter) – because we know that extraordinary things can only be achieved with diversity.Refer an Engineer Program
You want to work for us, but not without your dearest colleague? Join us as a team and earn money by referring your buddy for one of our open Tech positions! Depending on the level we offer a bonus up to 1.300,- € per referral, which will be paid after successful recruitment (the first part with your first salary, the second part after your buddy passes the trial period).Bewerben
Why are you the perfect fit for this position?
Don't bother with cover letters - we're interested in facts and figures!How would you like to be addressed?
Feel free to add the following pronouns she/her, him/he or they/them optionally (e.g. after your name) in your CV.
As we have very international teams, we would highly appreciate it to receive your CV or profile link in English.Ansprechpartner
Your contact person: Nils von Helldorff
Kaufland e-commerce Services GmbH & Co. KG
50674 KölnWe are looking forward to your application!