On our mission of transforming established enterprises into agile network organizations, we are looking for a talented Backend Data Engineer (f/m/d) with mid-level experience, as we prepare to propel ourselves to the next level. By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to work in a diverse team of data analysts, scientists and engineers.
Workpath is hosted on AWS, with the majority of workloads running in a managed Kubernetes cluster. We additionally use managed Postgres, dbt, and Tableau to analyze and visualize data. Our web application is created in Ruby on Rails.
In this role you will
- Collaborate with data analysts, product managers and technical leadership (CTO and VP) to design and develop scalable systems.
- Take end-to-end ownership of data pipelines and APIs.
- Analyze and improve the performance, scalability and stability of our systems and environments.
- Establish and further develop robust system designs and policies together with the lead data engineer.
- Continuously develop technical skills. We consider learning as one of our prime responsibilities.
- 3+ years of backend engineering developing data-intensive applications.
- Proficiency and ability to code or write beautiful code in one of the major programming languages. We use Python as the primary language.
- Experience with data: relational databases, SQL queries, data modelling, etc.
- Good knowledge of distributed systems and preferably building cloud-native systems.
- Communication skills and especially the ability to deliver data-driven insights.
- A curious and humble human being.
What you can expect
- Be part of our lean, value-driven team where you co-shape the company
- Plenty of freedom for professional development (e.g. individual budgets, time to learn new skills) and your individual time schedule (home office)
- Regular team events in a fun, laid-back atmosphere (e.g. cabin in the mountains, Wiesn)
- A supporting work atmosphere with a high level of autonomy
- State of the art Macbook Pro (or work equipment of your choice)
- Benefits & Perks (Mental & Physical Health, Mobility, Events, Coaching etc.) and latest Hardware and Tools (yes, we do have fruits, water, coffee and beers ;-) )