Further your career at Ball, a world leader in manufacturing sustainable aluminium packaging and aerospace solutions. Achieve extraordinary things when you join our team, and make a difference in your professional development, the community, and around the globe!
Senior Data Engineering manages the daily activities of the team responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of data warehouse systems and related data marts. Oversees data design and the creation of data pipelines to transform raw data into curated datasets. Effectively collaborates with other members of the team, customers and/or stakeholders to align work efforts, execute strategic and tactical plans that enable successful business operations. Ensures accurate accounting of and appropriate deployment of resources. Effectively manages multiple initiatives by prioritizing, organizing and tracking to meet the deadlines. Provides guidance regarding the use of data warehouse systems, capability of systems to deliver information, and subject matter expertise regarding current systems and emerging technology. Lead team of Data Engineers both onshore and offshore resources. The position will take a leadership role in implementing architecturally coherent solutions to address the information needs.
Essential Responsible Areas
- Leads the activities of data warehouse project teams in the design, development and implementation of data pipelines; and the configuration and auditing of data pipelines to ensure quality control of data.
- Perform Data Acquisition requirements/information gathering and design cost-effective data acquisition patterns
- Provides guidance regarding the use of data engineering tools, capability of tools to deliver information, and subject matter expertise regarding current systems and emerging technology.
- Lead governance and enforcement of data pipeline patterns and standards
- Analyze and recommend changes to increase productivity level of developers in working environment.
- Understanding user needs as well as understanding the technical requirements and limitations when building platform services.
- Managing cross dependencies across teams to ensure alignment, as well as adjusting team directions when gaps exist
- Setting Executes the strategic vision for various platform components and related services to increase adoption and deliver business results
- Defines and promotes best practices and design principles for data engineering pipelines development techniques and architecture independently and in partnership with other members of the data team leadership
- Develops and proposes options with pros/cons and risk, and works with stakeholders to finalize the best solution that meets business needs.
- Establishes credibility with partners while managing expectations. Ensures frequent, continuous and effective communications with team members, within IT, and with stakeholders to set expectations and negotiate priorities appropriately, via both formal and informal channels / mechanisms.
- Experience in Data Ops technologies, designed and developed processes for version control, continuous integration, continuous deployment
- Experience in designing meta-data driven pipelines, audit balance and control routines
- Developed framework for improved data quality/freshness by enabling adequate monitoring and alerting controls
Professional & Education Qualification
- 5 years management experience of onshore, offshore and indirect reports;
- 7-10 years data warehouse and data engineering experience;
- Experience Talend, IICS, Snowflake, Python;
- Experience in Cloud solutions & Technologies is essential;
- Experience in building AI/ML based Models & Tools is a plus;
- Strong SQL Skills.
- Fluent English.
- Architectural understanding of data movement techniques including streaming, messaging, replication, and real time data transfer.
- Understanding of backend infrastructure and network architectures.
- Knowledge of security approaches and tools for data storage, movement and access.
- Understand the underlying technologies and applications utilized within specified area of responsibility to direct how to design, develop, test, and implement requirements.
Ball Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively encourage applications from everybody. All qualified job applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, aboriginality, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, age, political affiliation or any other non-merit characteristic.
When you join Ball you belong to a team of over 22,000 members worldwide. Our products range from infinitely recyclable aluminium cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe.
Each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging.
Everyone at Ball is making a difference by doing what we love. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Please note the advertised job title might vary from the job title on the contract due to local job title structure and global HR systems.