Imagine an industry where people collaborate on a truly global scale, where people can be in Vietnam, and help solve a problem in South America. An industry that is vital for the well-being of billions of people, intertwined with companies from all over the world that produce and sell something across borders.Sounds like a complex endeavour? Well, this is where we come in.
Simplifying global trade has been Forto’s mission from day one. Forto stands for scalable and sustainable logistics technologies that allows users to own their entire supply chain. A one-stop-shop and single face to the customer that would cover the entire process chain from quotation, booking, document management, track and trace all the way to proactive exception handling and supply chain data analytics. A growing team of over 450 technology and logistics experts at eight locations, together with financing totalling over USD 50 million, forms the basis for further growth.
As a Senior Data Analyst at Forto, you transform Forto into a data-driven organisation, enabling global scalibility, reliable operations and a high degree of automization.
- Query our data warehouse and analytics systems, such as Postgres, BigQuery, Tableau, MongoDB, Google Data Studio, Heap Analytics, and others
- Create and deploy easy-to-understand visualizations, dashboards and meaningful metrics
- Enable all departments to become data-driven, for example by helping product and engineering to track the impact of released features, by monitoring key business and customer interaction metrics
- Apply advanced analytics, prediction and forecasting in project-based setups to support the business in identifying new insights and taking actions using Python/R
- Support the continuous development of the current analytics setup and processes; including, e.g., constantly being on the hunt for better tooling, an improved data architecture and strive for holistic data collection and educating our team members on how to query, export and visualize data on their own using tools like SQL, Google Sheets, and Tableau
What you bring
- Technical background: A technical background, experience with our tools (e.g. Tableau, SQL, Python, R) and at least 3 years of experience in the field of data science or similar area
- Numbers, numbers, numbers: You have demonstrated deep understanding and affinity to work with numbers and metrics while maintaining high standards of accuracy
- Fast Learner: You learn quickly and strive to improve every day; you can adapt to a fast-growing organization with constantly changing requirements
- Structure Hero: Structuring complex interdependencies in tables, charts, workflows, or formulas comes naturally to you; you have the ambition and skills to simplify even the most complex problems
- Business sense: You want to work on real-world problems that create an impact to our business and customer - from customer pain points to business requirements to the right analyses to actions
- Value creation mindset: you are curious what is behind the data, and you define, challenge and question the required analyses, its insights and proactively develop proposals to improve the business
- Tech Lover: You understand complex digital products and don’t shy away from a technical conversation with engineers
- Personal & Professional Development: Through a strong ownership from the first day on you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps of being an Expert or People Lead.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and not only straight CV's.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made fast and knowledge sharing as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
CultureCheck out our video to see what it is like to work at Forto:
At Forto, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Forto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.