Summary of the role:
The Data Scientist provides data analytics or mining services supporting new product development through the generation of POCs.
Are you the next Data Scientist we are looking for?
- You will analyze potential data assets and data modeling
- You will create algorithms and predictive models
- You will optimize approaches to extract and refine data value propositions from large/diverse data stores
In this role you’ll:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Develop the unit’s roadmap and executing the roadmap.
- Establish, manage, and communicate data analytics guidelines and standards.
- Establish, monitor, and seek to improve data quality KPIs for the unit.
- Perform analysis to determine opportunities to maximize/monetize data asset value to stakeholders.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques .
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques, business strategies, and opportunities to monetize value propositions.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Support industry thought leadership/presentations with data/analysis.
- Be responsible for the collection, cleaning, and munging of data to meet BI business objectives/opportunities.
- Research and develop statistical learning models using advanced mathematical concepts including multivariate analysis, Bayesian methods, decision trees and random forest, gradient boosting, linear regression, logistic regression, and optimization.
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis.
- Support industry thought leadership/ presentations with data/analysis.
About the ideal candidate:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience. MBA or relevant Advanced Degree is a significant plus.
- Relevant Work Experience:
- Experience working directly with technical and/or business teams in the hospitality industry
- Minimum of 5+ years of practical experience with SAS/R, SQL and data analysis
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modelling skills
- Experience with optimization packages such as CPLEX
- Experience with a programming language such as Java/Python
- Experience working with Agile methodologies, with a strong preference for Scaled Agile Framework experience
- Experience working in a data science or analytics group using AI/ML technologies
- Business Understanding:
- Demonstrated domain expertise of information products/services in the travel industry.
- Business Understanding and/or familiarity with travel interfacing standards such as HTNG, OTA, etc.
- Computing: MS Office
- Languages: Excellent command of English, oral and written
- Specific Knowledge:
- Hospitality Products and Technology Landscape
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work for one of the world’s top leading travel tech companies; a company that originated in technology innovation and sees the world with a technology-first perspective
- Skills development and opportunities to try new ideas
- A global diverse work environment
The application process takes no longer than 10 minutes! Create your candidate profile, upload your CV and apply.
Are you the one we are looking for? Apply now!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to hire the best candidate regardless of age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorization.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.