Oberkochen or Jena
Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop exciting solutions in a diverse, stable work environment that’s focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an open and inspiring culture and colleagues!
You want to pioneer?
In current machine learning applications the physical basis of optical imaging is hardly taken into account and one is often limited by the amount of available training data. In current optical development processes machine learning based methods play only a minor role. Your role is to change that. Integrated in a team you will advance ideas from academic stages to industrial product development. This comprises conceptional work and taking the initiative as well as implementing virtual prototypes and evaluating their performance. During your work you will build an excellent network with us in both academia and industry that will help us to leverage the latest technology advancements in order to address tomorrow's challenges.
- a strong theoretical background with a PhD in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or similar
- a deep understanding of physical optics and machine learning as well as the ability to quickly grasp and discuss ideas in these areas
- practical state-of-the-art knowledge on neural networks, synthetic data generation, and machine learning based simulation techniques
- excellent programming skills in Python, Matlab, or C++ and you are familiar with toolkits such as OpenGL and Tensorflow
- preferably parallelization skills (CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMP)
- an innovative and decidedly hands-on mindset: you love to work on hard problems
At ZEISS we encourage creative thinking and innovation. We work in dynamic and interdisciplinary teams and offer individual development perspectives as well as flexibility in organizing your work. We care about our employees and take particular responsibility for improving society and preserving our environment. These core values have shaped our corporate culture at ZEISS for over 170 years.Join us and shape the future!
The application process takes less than 10 minutes, we look forward to receiving your application.