This ad is not for a job, but rather for an opportunity to build your own VC-backed startup!
Are you a full-stack software developer, data scientist, machine learning engineer, or DevOps engineer? Do you have excellent engineering skills, strong problem-solving abilities, a leadership track record, and a passion for developing tech solutions using cutting-edge technologies? Have you spent your career building game changing software/hardware? More importantly, are you interested in building a business of your own?
Antler is the world's largest early stage investment platform. We are on a mission to fundamentally improve the world by enabling and investing in the world's most exceptional people. Is this you?
To date, Antler globally has invested in and helped build over 500+ companies. Locally, we have an active portfolio of over 90 portfolio companies, backed in the last three years, covering SaaS, Consumer Tech, FinTech, Green Tech and more.
Uniquely in Australia we support founders from day 0 through to Series C, providing an unparalleled capital pathway with more than 85% of our companies raising third party capital within twelve months of our initial investment. This is from angels and VCs such as Blackbird, SquarePeg, GFC, Tidal Ventures, Folklore and Airtree. Our portfolio companies are also supported by a global network of 500 experts in technology, entrepreneurship, business and academia, and the world’s fastest growing community of founders, with 500+ new members every year.
We're looking for exceptional Founders to join our global platform and build the next generation of category defining startups from Australia. If you have these aspirations, apply to gain the backing and enduring support of the world’s largest early stage VC.
What to expect?
The process is 10 weeks full-time leading into IC
Formation and Validation
Join an existing talent pool of Founders. With new Founders joining every eight weeks, here, you will immerse yourself in Australia’s most fertile environment for meeting your co-founder(s), ideate on a problem you wish to solve and validate your business model. The schedule consists of masterclasses and workshops from industry experts and seasoned entrepreneurs, design sprints and office hours - and the bulk of your time is focused squarely on building your business.
Once committed to your team and the problem you wish to solve long term you become razor focused on building the initial pillars of your business and prepare to pitch for Antler finding. You are allocated a business coach who will support you as you continue to absorb wider Antler content and support
Investment Committee (IC)
When ready, you will pitch your concept to our Investment Committee composed of Partners from the local and global Antler team, as well as external local VC’s. The IC decides which teams receive Antler’s investment.
Congratulations! You are now the co-founder of a VC backed company. Antler continues to deliver high-touch structured support for five weeks focusing on developing a fundraising strategy, plus PR and Talent support. After five weeks, our interactions become lower touch but you receive continuous value from Antler as you now have our global infrastructure at your fingertips for capital raising, breaking into new geographies and PR and Talent opportunities.
Check out some of our portfolio companies: Xailient, SiteHive, Pathzero, UpCover, Mys Tyler and many more on our website.
Who should apply?
Those with the skills relevant to early stage business building:
- Previous Founder: Find your next co-founder in our talent pool and let us fast track your next venture on our global platform.
- Commercial leader: Your strengths will be in the go-to-market, building the business model, securing customers and capital.
- Technology leader: You are a builder. Either hands on in the code base or architecting scalable systems and leading engineering teams to build efficiently and at pace.
- Subject matter pro: You know the unmet customer need in your field or technology advances that could be utilised.
- PhD holder: You have generated IP with strong commercialisation potential.
- 0 -1: You have seen it done in the startups you have helped scale and believe you can do it yourself, perhaps you are a digital marketer, product manager, sales gun or ops pro.
- Starter: You have started on an idea as an individual or team and are now ready to commit full-time to dedicate yourself to further validating your idea and building at pace..
Who gets selected
- Inner drive: You're a self-starter and can motivate yourself and others to join your mission. You set high goals and have proven to achieve them.
- A clear spike: That strong attribute which enables your skills and experiences to stand out from the crowd. You have deep knowledge in an area where you can form a foundation of your company's competitive advantage.
- Grit: Your source of energy never runs low. You always find a window when the door closes. You have the willingness and ability to keep going when you're faced with obstacles.
- Next rolling intake start date is the 30th of January 2023
- Remote/hybrid delivery with on-site locations in Sydney and Melbourne
- Must have an Australian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Visa with the appropriate work rights to build a company in Australia