Our company is growing and we are looking to add a Data Engineer to our dynamic team. The Data Engineer will work as part of a collaborative team to build and maintain scalable data platforms that support data-informed decision-making across the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Works closely with a team of frontend and backend engineers, product managers, and analysts.
- Designs data integrations and data quality framework.
- Designs and evaluates open source and vendor tools for data lineage.
- Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- Assists in driving a continuous improvement strategy within the business to result in on going incremental gains in quality and efficiency.
- Achieves operational goals set by the Company.
- Supports corporate initiatives and decisions.
- Performs other duties/special projects as assigned. Job Requirements • Previous experience in software architecture background.
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java, Python)
- Previous experience with Salesforce and SAP data structures.
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Knowledge of reporting tool (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
- Data engineering certification (e.g IBM Certified Data Engineer) is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, martial status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.