About Your Future Team
You will join the Data Strategy, Engineering and Innovation team based in Alcon Digital Hub with the main office in Warsaw, our newly launched powerhouse for designing and delivering innovative solutions across data & analytics, front-end engineering, and other technology areas. You will become a member of a highly successful Data Engineering team which is responsible for development and management of data pipelines across various domains including but not limited to manufacturing and technical operations, business finance and financial accounting, R&D, commercial, HR, internal audit & compliance.
About Your Future Role
As a Senior Data Engineer, you’ll work in an interdisciplinary project team of Data Engineers, Solution Architects, DevOps Engineers and other data experts. Your future project is focused on development of a dedicated data lake for Medical R&D function. This solution is a critical step towards advancing our analytical capability within R&D. You will be responsible for creating new data engineering pipelines hydrating the data lake. Apart from your contribution in the project, you will also collaborate with peer data engineers as part of a community of practice. Additionally you might oversee up to 2 junior-level data engineers. It is a role with a very high visibility offering great growth opportunities.
What you will do:
- Build highly scalable and resilient data pipelines using Python, PySpark, SparkSQL and/or Scala.
- Adopt AWS data lake and data related services to implement end-to-end solution.
- Understand business capability needs and processes as they relate to IT solutions through partnering with Product Owners and business stakeholders, and apply this knowledge to influence business goals.
- Participate in Backlog grooming, Sprint Planning and effort estimation
- Automate, optimize, migrate and enhance existing solutions.
- Contribute to the logical/physical design and development of new/existing data marts/models
- Perform data modeling, data analysis and providing insights using various tools.
- Follow and share data engineering best practices among data and analytics engineers.
- Guide adept Data Engineers in their data engineering journey.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of professional experience in data engineering with a proven track record of delivering complex data solutions in a production environment.
- Strong programming skills in Python and/or Scala.
- Extensive experience with Apache Spark including working in PySpark and Spark SQL.
- Very good working knowledge of AWS Services like Glue, EMR, S3, SNS, SQS, Athena, Redshift, Lambda, and Step functions
- Experience with performing data modeling, data analysis and providing insights using various tools.
- Experience in working as part of agile teams and using agile and collaboration tools like Jira, Confluence.
- Ability to work with the business to capture, groom, prioritize, plan and demo User Stories
- Strong collaboration skills for effective communication across multiple teams and stakeholders, both internal and external
- Data savvy individual with hands on experience in preparing, analyzing and deriving insights from data.
What we can offer you:
- Very competitive salary level with flexible contract options.
- Market-leading performance based annual bonus.
- Attractive package of benefits.
- Opportunity to work in a high paced agile environment and the chance to work with people who are passionate of delivering outcomes and a culture of simplification and ownership.
- Flexible working hours and remote work possibilities.