Under the direction of the System Director of Quality, the Quality Management abstractor/data analyst is responsible for assisting in implementation of quality efforts within medical staff and hospital. The Quality Management Assistant also provides data management services for the department.
- Continuously provides support to the Quality Departments Performance Improvement Teams, including managing and collating data, completing core measures abstractions, performing literature searches, and supporting the function of the team.
- Consistently supports the function of the Quality Improvement Councils including, meeting minutes and agenda development, providing data management services, inputting and collating data, formatting data for presentation and distributes for reporting.
- Provides data management services for QM departments, including building, maintaining, inputting, extracting and querying data applications to support quality and risk management initiatives. Maintains knowledge of data definitions and their relationship to performance improvement.
- Consistently assists with regulatory readiness for the organization. Frequently coordinates and assists in obtaining and designing materials necessary for departmental productivity. Assists with policy development and revisions.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Philosophy consistent with the Hospital’s Policies, Confidentiality, Privacy, and Corporate Compliance programs including Federal and State Laws.
- Philosophy consistent with the Hospital’s mission to deliver high quality and compassionate health care services to our patients, physicians and communities we serve, focusing on customer service.
- Continuously assists with Core Measures, including abstraction, inputting and running reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to act independently maintaining the strictest confidentiality, manages time effectively, and establishes workload priorities.
- Skilled and proficient using computer programs including word processing, databases and data base management, and spreadsheets (MS Office products).
- Skilled in taking meeting minutes.
- Knowledge of medical terminology. Frequently requires highly repetitive movements.
- Ability to design and create documents and brochures that are cohesive and easily readable. Knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Continuously copes with high levels of activity and multiple responsibilities in a positive, constructive and calm manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner both verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
Current Washington State RN license is required. Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field preferred.
Previous experience with any of the essential functions preferred.
This position has contacts with medical staff, employees, supervisors, department directors, administrators, and staff in outlying hospitals.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL SETTING
May be required to travel to outlying hospitals to support CME offerings
Location: Astria Health Systems
Schedule: Full Time, Days