Frontdoor is looking for a very strong data engineer who will bring a mindset of automation and innovation to the table. In addition to sharp technical skills, this person must be a strong communicator and collaborator who can partner up with business stakeholders to understand their needs and solve their data problems. As a data engineer at Frontdoor, you will be working in a fast-paced environment and using cutting-edge cloud technologies to develop a scalable data platform that will support years of company growth.Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain scalable data pipelines for both batch and stream processing in a cloud-computing environment.
- Apply dimensional modeling to design tables and views that map business processes into an enterprise data model.
- Optimize database architecture by trading off storage and computation to achieve low cost and high performance.
- Build and support complex ETL infrastructure to deliver clean and reliable data to the organization.
- Support the development of new products and services via ingestion, processing, and formatting data for reporting and analytics.
- Interact face-to-face with business stakeholders, develop cooperative relationships, and acquire domain knowledge of the business.
- Proactively automate manual processes throughout the business for higher efficiency, robustness, and speed.
- Enforce production standards and governance best practices in the management of enterprise-level data, metrics, and reports.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or related field (Masters or PhD preferred)
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Versatile and quick learner with ability to pick up any new skills necessary to get the job done.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, data warehousing, data pipeline and data lake creation.
- Extensive experience with cloud infrastructure and tools for AWS and GCP.
- Demonstrable proficiency in Python development and advanced SQL querying.
- Strong grasp of business elements and ability to convert requirements into database models and full-data pipeline systems.
- Experience with visualization and reporting tools, such as Looker and Tableau.
- 3-4 years of experience in data engineering or similar work.
- Snowflake experience (highly desirable).
- Full stack experience, including microservice and web app development.
- Knowledge of big data platforms, such as Hadoop and Spark.
Frontdoor is a company that’s obsessed with taking the hassle out of owning a home. With services powered by people and enabled by technology, it is the parent company of four home service plan brands: American Home Shield, HSA, Landmark and OneGuard, as well as AHS Proconnect , an on-demand membership service for home repairs and maintenance, and Streem, a technology company that enables businesses to serve customers through an enhanced augmented reality, computer vision and machine learning platform. Frontdoor serves more than two million customers across the U.S. through a network of more than 16,000 pre-qualified contractor firms that employ over 45,000 technicians. The company’s customizable home service plans help customers protect and maintain their homes from costly and unexpected breakdowns of essential home systems and appliances. With nearly 50 years of experience, the company responds to over four million service requests annually (or one request every eight seconds).For more details, visit frontdoorhome.com.Job Category: