applies engineering and scientific principles to solve the world’s challenges. An independent organization of creative thinkers and innovative doers collaborating from offices worldwide, our mission is to bring our clients' ideas to life and, in the process, lay the groundwork for a better, more resilient future. We provide support and opportunities to our employees to achieve their full potential and cultivate a rewarding career.The Role
Thornton Tomasetti is seeking a full-time IT Data Analyst. The role will support the firm’s Finance team and will play a foundational role in a newly emerging Business Intelligence Center of Excellence. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator and a good listener. They will have excellent administrative and organizational skills, a strong work ethic, superior multi-tasking abilities and a “can-do” attitude. The successful candidate will be adaptable and enjoys learning new processes and systems. The successful candidate will be communicating with Finance and other Leaders and their teams and has a career path to growing roles in data analysis and data strategy within the firm.Responsibilities
- Build new financial analysis reports and dashboards in Power BI.
- Convert/upgrade manually generated, Microsoft Excel-based analyses and reports so that they are automatically generated and refreshed.
- Support manual data preparation, updates, and processing, as necessary.
- Support the firm’s ongoing enterprise systems (ERP and CRM) migration.
- Be the primary liaison between Finance and IT on matters, such as maintaining existing assets such as ETL pipelines, data warehouse stored procedures and reports/dashboards.
- Participate in advancing automation opportunities and experimenting with ways to make the business better with clever use of data tools.
- Education: Bachelors or Master's degree in information/data science, computer science, business or finance.
- 1-3 years previous finance or IT experience in an office environment. Experience in the consulting sector is a plus.
- Advanced skills in Power BI, Power Query or SQL (querying data in general), Microsoft Excel and potentially other data analysis software.
- Microsoft Dynamics experience desirable.
- Experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Azure DevOps is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous financial experience a plus, but secondary to hands-on data management skills using the tools mentioned above.
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.(US Locations Only)
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.