Finance Data Analyst
Circa £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Fixed Term until April 2023
We are looking for a Finance Data Analyst to join the IET family!
We are the IET and we inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community to engineer a better world. As a diverse home across engineering and technology, we share knowledge that helps make better sense of the world in order to solve the challenges that matter. It’s why we are uniquely placed to champion engineering.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll support with the data analysis, testing and implementation work for phase 3 of our process improvement and change programme (Know Your Customer). You’ll regularly attend cross-functional workshops and work closely with stakeholders across the business.
What we hope you can bring to the role
You’ll have a strong understanding of finance databases, revenue recognition and accounting (accounts receivable and General Ledger). With your excellent communication and relationship building skills, you’ll be able to work effectively with multiple teams and stakeholders across the business.
Take a look at the day to day responsibilities and key skills below. If you feel you have experience in a number of these areas, please send us your CV as soon as possible for consideration. We are also open to discussing flexible ways of working, including reduced hours and working in an agile way. We are current receiving a high volume of applications and If we find a suitable candidate to progress with, we will draw the advert to a close.
If you are keen to join the IET Family, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
A little more about the role
- To work as part of the programme team
- Rapid take-on of knowledge to get up to speed
- Drive the data reconciliation and verification to satisfy acceptance by Finance
- Developing tests and driving the testing of:
o Finance activities related to sales transactions and taxation.
o Accounts Receivable (A/R) and Accounts Payable (A/P) configuration.
o integrations with the General ledger (GL)
o integration with other systems which batch-feed sales transactions into the A/R and A/P;
o integrations with the Payment Service Providers.
o system reports
- Manage the resolution of data issues found through testing
- Supporting the training of users
- Driving preparations for Go-Live
- Close involvement in the transition to the new system in 2022
- Support to users and to support fixing issues immediately after Go-Live
A little more about what we’re looking for
- CRM experience
- Track record of delivery of business change.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical approach.
- Ability to work effectively with, and influence, stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to present and communicate analysis in both a technical and non-technical way
- Able to work independently to tackle complex problems.
- Experience of using and supporting finance systems
- Experience of implementing a finance system, GL, A/R, A/P
- Demonstrated experience of data reconciliation during finance system implementation and testing of fitness for purpose
- Excellent technical ability in interrogating systems using SQL
- Experience of testing finance systems
- Pragmatic and delivery focused
- Advanced Excel skills
- Qualified accountant
- Understanding of Agile development methodology
- Experience of finance implications related to sales into the EU and the rest of the world is desirable
The IET is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.