At BlueScope, we create and inspire smart solutions in steel, strengthening our communities and helping build a better future. Our steel has shaped everything from hospitals and schools, bridges and stadiums to fences and homes – influencing the way we live and work, now and in the future.
Come and discover the opportunity to join our Digital Transformation and Automation team as a Data Scientist/Analyst. Manufacturing at BlueScope have embarked on an exciting enterprise technology transformation, supporting our business and customers now and for the future.
The role of the Data Scientist/Analyst is to support the Manufacturing team as they transition to Industry 4.0. Together we will achieve this by analysis of manufacturing process, recognizing improvement opportunities and providing delivery of effective and financially viable solutions to manufacturing needs. In this critical role, you will work closely with our external service providers and partner with key internal customers, understanding their business needs and identifying ways to support and transform manufacturing objectives.
What Will You Do?
Working closely with the manufacturing team you will quickly identify their needs and work with both internal and external providers to deliver cost effective and efficient digital Solutions.
To achieve this, you will:
- Help drive BlueScope’s digital transformation strategy for manufacturing
- Become technically competent with a range of development tools used for data engineering, machine learning and statistically based modelling
- Support business improvement initiatives, and configuration activities across Western Port production units.
- Collaborate with cross functional team members and end users to identify digital transformation opportunities that satisfy business needs for productivity improvements.
- Be an advocate for new Technologies
- Provide guidance and assistance to Manufacturing departments in carrying out best practice for implementation of digital transformation
More About You
With your knowledge of manufacturing and providing digital solutions across a broad range of projects, you will also have:
- An understanding of the principals of Industry 4.0
- Knowledge of Industry 4.0 technologies in an industrial setting
- Previous experience in data analytics
- Experience of collaborating with cross functional teams in a multiple vendor environment
The BlueScope Difference
A career at BlueScope provides the opportunity to make a difference – to you, to your team, to our customers, to transforming products, processes and brands, and to an organisation intent on shaping a better built environment for all our communities. At BlueScope, you will:
- make an impact both within the organisation and in the broader community
- create and deliver innovative products and solutions that shape the world we live in
- grow on a path of continuous learning and development
- enjoy the sense of belonging that comes from working with people who genuinely look out for one another
We’re dedicated to supporting our people - keeping one-another safe, rewarding successes, and helping individuals grow. We foster workplace flexibility and an inclusive work environment that welcomes people of all backgrounds. We’re committed to climate action and to helping shape a better future for all our communities; we are committed to Our Purpose, Creating Strength.
Come and discover us at bluescope.com/life-at-bluescope/. Together we can make a world of difference.
Applications close Friday 15th October