Principal Data Scientist-21000HHX
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:
The Decision Support team is a team within SaaS Engineering Business Operations. Working with our business partners across SaaS Engineering, we architect and engineer an ecosystem of data structures and business intelligence analytics. We are looking for a self-motivated, resourceful, and articulate individual to contribute to internal information system-specific projects. You will work alongside other Data Scientists and Data Engineers and report directly to the Senior Manager of Decision Support.
Utilize your statistical programming skills to analyze, interpret, and visualize large data sets to develop data-driven solutions to difficult business challenges. Our small but mighty team is responsible for delivering complex projects where system analysis, software engineering, data engineering, and data science are used to deliver solutions for decision support. Preferred applicants have a wide range of technical competencies including statistics and machine learning, coding languages, databases, and reporting technologies. Ability to visualize large amounts of information in ways that are universally understandable and spot patterns, trends, and correlations. To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to business users.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- You must be an expert in Jupyter/Python and PL/SQL
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: OBIEE, Oracle Analytics Cloud, Tableau, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc
- 7+ years of professional experience as a Data Engineer, Data Scientist, or similar
- Master’s or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Acts as a leader of large-scale company initiatives. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner. 10 plus years experience. BA/BS degree preferred.
Job: Business Operations
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire