Requisition ID: 66057
Job Function/Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
The Senior Technology Engineer is a direct report to the Technology Group Product Manager with understanding of business goals, business processes, technology expertise in one or more domains, technology solution design and implementation. This position is specific to Clean Energy Future (CEF) Products such as Energy Efficiency, Electric Vehicles, and focuses on Data Analytics needed for the products.
- Evaluate requirements and develop data models for reporting, real-time, predictive and prescriptive use cases
- Develop and maintain analytic data structures for customer, customer participation and customer usage
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of energy savings, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
This is a multi-level position and placement of the successful candidate will be based on job performance, skills, knowledge and experience obtained during interview process. For a Senior Technology Engineer, must have 6 or more years of professional experience in data science. For a Principal Technology Engineer, must have 8 or more years of professional experience in data science.
Job Specific Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field i.e. STEM
- 6 or more years of professional technology solution engineering
- Demonstrated good leadership capabilities through technology solution ownership and adoption, projects or other work experiences.
- Good track record of translating business outcomes, business requirements and technical requirements into technical designs for new technology solutions or enhancements to existing technology solutions, while following architectural standards and organizational policies
- Good track record of implementing technology solutions using structured methodologies such as agile (SCRUM, Kanban etc.) and waterfall.
- Graduate degree or MBA
- Experience with public cloud providers
- Experience implementing off the shelf products
- Experience with mission critical technology solutions
- Understanding financial principles as they apply to technology investments such as cost to achieve, cost to operate, depreciation, maintenance etc.
In addition to the requirements below, we are looking for an experienced data scientist with:
- At least 6 years of hands-on experience to lead our energy efficiency data science program. The team member will support energy efficiency sub-programs, energy savings, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data
- Proficient at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action
- Must have strong experience using a variety of data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations
- Proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights
- Must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes
- At least 6+ year's previous experience as an data scientist organizing and analyzing large volumes of company data
- At least 4+ year's previous experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- At least 2+ year's previous experience using advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- At least 2+ year's previous experience using cloud services and APIs including AWS managed database services, storage services, analytical tools and services.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Tableau, PowerBI, QuickSight
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Data engineering certification (AWS Data Analytics, DASCA, SAS)
- Knowledgeable of version control systems, such as Git
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.