In Corporate Technology Machine Learning at JPMorgan Chase, our role involves solving challenging business problems through data science and machine learning techniques across all the corporate functions, including Risk, Compliance, Finance, HR, Legal, and Audit.
The Senior Associate Data Scientist in Bangalore will be part of a globally distributed team, with data science and engineering partners in US and EMEA. He/she will help build robust and scalable solutions for various banking domains, and also enable the services to be deployed and integrated into existing business workflow. This is an exciting opportunity to work on data driven analytical solutions and have a profound influence on the business processes of a leading global bank.
Key Requirements of the Role:
- Advanced degree in an analytical field (e.g., Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analysis, Operations Research).
- Strong understanding of advanced data mining techniques, curating, processing and transforming data to produce sound datasets.
- Strong understanding of the Machine Learning lifecycle - feature engineering, training, validation, scaling, deployment, scoring, monitoring, and feedback loop.
- Experience in analyzing complex problems and translating it into an analytical approach.
- Experience in Supervised and Unsupervised Machine Learning including Classification, Forecasting, Anomaly Detection, Pattern Detection, Text Mining, using variety of techniques such as Decision trees, Time Series Analysis, Bagging and Boosting algorithms, Neural Networks, Deep Learning.
- Experience with analytical programming languages, tools and libraries (Python ecosystem preferred, but R will be considered).
- Experience in SQL and relational databases, Big Data technologies e.g. Spark/Hadoop and Cloud technologies.
- Good understanding of programming best practices and building for re-use.
- Strong communication, partnership and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment, meet deadlines, and perform at high standards with limited supervision.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.