Job Number: R0172054
Machine Learning EngineerThe Opportunity:
As an experienced machine learning (ML) engineer, you know that machine learning is critical to understanding and processing massive datasets. Your ability to conduct statistical analyses on business processes using ML techniques makes you an integral part of delivering a customer-focused solution. We need your technical knowledge and desire to problem-solve and support end-trend artificial intelligence (AI) solutions in a fast-paced and Agile environment. As a machine learning engineer on our team, you’ll train, test, deploy, and maintain models that learn from data.
In this role, you’ll own and define the direction of mission-critical solutions by applying best-fit ML algorithms and technologies. You’ll work with a multi-disciplinary team of strategists, analysts, data engineers, data scientists, software developers, and data consumers in a fast-paced, Agile environment to address the challenges of integrating, evolving, and rapidly scaling new and emerging AI capabilities. Your consulting skills and technical expertise will guide clients as they navigate the landscape of ML algorithms, tools, and frameworks.
Work with us to solve real-world data challenges and define ML strategy for critical customer missions across the firm.
Join us. The world can’t wait.You Have:
Nice If You Have:
- 2+ years of experience with machine learning engineering, data analytics, financial analytics, or data science
- 1+ years of experience with implementing, testing, and fielding automation for artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions
- Experience with machine learning frameworks, including Keras, Pandas, TensorFlow, or Pytorch
- Experience with software engineering concepts, including version control and unit testing
- Experience with creating solutions within a collaborative, cross-functional team environment
- Knowledge of key mathematical concepts, including probability, statistics, and algorithms
- Ability to write robust production-level code in Python
- Ability to communicate complex technical and business concepts to leaders and key stakeholders in non-technical roles
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Databricks, MLFlow, and Spark
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with a public Cloud, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience with Git and collaboration tools, including Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, Nexus, or Bitbucket
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll build your community in no time.Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.Compensation
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $73,100.00 to $166,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.Work Model
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.