Company Overview and Culture EXL (NASDAQ:
EXLS) is a global analytics and digital solutions company that partners with clients to improve business outcomes and unlock growth. Bringing together deep domain expertise with robust data, powerful analytics, cloud, and AI, we create agile, scalable solutions and execute complex operations for the world’s leading corporations in industries including insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, media, and retail, among others. Focused on creating value from data for driving faster decision-making and transforming operating models, EXL was founded on the core values of innovation, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect. Headquartered in New York, our team is over 40,000 strong, with more than 50 offices spanning six continents. For information, visit www.exlservice.com.
For the past 20 years, EXL has worked as a strategic partner and won awards in its approach to helping its clients solve business challenges such as digital transformation, improving customer experience, streamlining business operations, taking products to market faster, improving corporate finance, building models to become compliant more quickly with new regulations, turning volumes of data into business opportunities, creating new channels for growth and better adapting to change. The business operates within four business units: Insurance, Health, Analytics, and Emerging businesses.
Fully Remote Data Scientist will work as part of advanced analytics team focused on developing of algorithms and machine learning models under the supervision of Senior Data Scientist to support EXL Health’s healthcare analytics business. The ideal candidate for this position will come from quantitative background and is a proactive thinker, self-starter, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and challenging environment with the ability to work independently. Role and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools.
- Develops, validates and executes algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions. Explores, examines and interprets large volumes of data in various forms.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses.
- Uses data visualization techniques to effectively communicate analytical results and support business decisions.
- Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the data.
- Documents projects including business objectives, data gathering and processing, detailed set of results and analytical metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics/Mathematics, Econometrics/Economics, Engineering/Computer Science, Business/Finance, or related quantitative field
- Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Demonstrates solid understanding in several areas of data modeling, machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis, data engineering and data visualization.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to present information to various audiences
- Excellent communication skills with strong background working directly with coworkers and clientele to identify business objectives and establish requirements
- Worked in a team environment and also coordinated with business/functional team
Required Technical Skills
- R, Python, SAS, SQL, Advanced MS excel, Tableau
- Knowledge of Hadoop framework encouraged
Please be aware that EXL requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination. EXL is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.