EDP is a global energy company leading with the values of Innovation, Sustainability and Humanization. Using the technology of the future, we create solutions highly focused on the needs of our people and our customers, never neglecting our role and contribution to society.
EDP NEW - Centre for New Energy Technologies is a R&D centre created in 2015. Our mission is to create possibilities for EDP to lead the energy transition and we want to consolidate our position as a top-tier R&D centre, focused on energy.
We imagine a decarbonized and distributed world, with active customers and heavily leveraged by digital technologies.
We are an international team of more than 40 people. With almost 40 projects and close to 40 M€ of European funding secured for EDP, we are an important part of the Group's innovation ecosystem.
We work mainly in international projects under the European Commission’s large research and innovation funding program Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe, as well as other competitive financing for R&D.
We strive every day to anticipate and develop the future of the energy sector. More information about us in https://www.edp.com/en/new-rd#about-us.
Location: Lisbon (Sacavém) or Oporto
We are looking for a new team member to work on an EU-funded project that aims to implement an edge-to-cloud data control system. We are looking for:
- Participating Research and Development (R&D) projects primarily in the area of Imagery recognition and Machine Learning, including the following tasks:
- Development of optimization models to be applied wildfire prevention;
- Development of classification models based on Imagery recognition;
- Application of advanced data cleaning techniques;
- Writing data format, model specifications and use cases, project reports, conducting and developing lab. environment and on-site pilot validation, supporting the elaboration of innovative business models for the technology-based concepts developed;
- Contributing to various aspects of project implementation, including key performance indicators implementation, budget management, financial and technical reporting, interaction with stakeholders, communication of project progress and outcomes, etc;
- Be part of a team that will support the activities through data sharing between different stakeholders and demonstrating its value for concrete AI use cases applied to energy while guaranteeing interoperability between different data sources, namely through development support of APIs;
- Research and develop new concepts for Energy on Generative AI, plotting/ visualization and X-AI;
- Presenting Project results to large audiences.
- Providing technical expertise in the sourcing and conduction of applications for new projects / financing, writing proposals, forming international consortia, negotiating budgets, etc.;
- Developing and providing expertise in new solutions and tools for use in European projects, in international consultancy projects and for the business units within the EDP Group;
- Lead the research, within the unit, about the subject of “Digital twins”;
- Contributing to the company service provisions through analytical programming.
We are looking for profiles that match most of the following items:
- Degree, Master, PhD or Doctorate candidate in any Engineering closely related with the topics of Data Science, Data Engineering or Data visualization;
- Minimum 3 years' professional experience or or strong knowledge in : Relevant knowledge about imagery recognition techniques using AI; Relevant knowledge in Machine Learning optimization models; At least 1 year of relevant experience in data modelling techniques.
- Solid programming experience using Python;
- International mindset and excellent knowledge and use of English (in written and oral expression);
- Capacity to execute and deliver rigorous and well-balanced results in a timely manner, combined with a flexibility and agility to work on various themes/projects;
- A great team spirit, openness and ability to interact daily with internal and external stakeholders on various topics;
- Good domain of Microsoft Power BI;
- Availability for short-term international trips (within the scope of the projects);
- Immense motivation, strong desire to learn, curiosity and a taste for challenging ideas and proposing new solutions;
- Relevant contributions on Git.
Skills or experience, not mandatory but valued:
- Previous relevant experience in the field of Data visualization;
- Knowledge of other languages (namely French, Spanish or Mandarin);
- Previous working experience in EU-funded projects (under Horizon 2020 or similar);
- Experience using data from the electricity sector or across the various energy vectors – electricity, gas, heat, etc;
- Doctorate or doctorate candidate in an area relevant for the position.
Joining EDP is to have access to:
- A professional experience in a leading international company in its sector, with flexible working arrangements and hours;
- Recognition through remuneration compatible with the position and other additional benefits;
- Opportunities for personal and professional development (transversal projects, mobility, volunteering, etc.).
About EDP:As a socially responsible company, we incorporate our values and practices with the principles of Diversity and Inclusion. To achieve all our objectives, it intends to attract, develop and retain different profiles, assuming diversity as a key factor and differentiator of fundamental innovation in our organization. We welcome and value all people, and we are committed to the inclusion and sense of belonging of each person who is part of the EDP Group.
What makes us proud as an employer:• TOP Employer Certification by TOP Employers Institute (EDP Portugal; EDP Renewables);• Gender Equality Index by Bloomberg (EDP Portugal; EDP Renewables);• Certification in Conciliation (Excellence) by Fundación Másfamília.
If you consider you have profile for this opportunity, apply until 21/09/2023.