Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field; · 3+ year of experience in business intelligence and statistical analysis role; · Experience with SQL/Python/VBA; · Power user with Tableau/PowerBI or other BI tools; · Proficiency in MS Excel; · Experience in building relational databases, reporting/BI platforms or leveraging statistics for data analytics; · Experience in modern data warehousing techniques (dimensional data modelling, experience with ETL, etc.); · Creation and ownership of metrics/reporting/dashboards/financial models for the different Business reviews cycles; · Participation in recurring performance reviews with leadership teams, owning one or multiple KPI’s or improvement areas including customer returns and bad debt / payments; · Work on various analysis and benchmarking exercises to highlight new areas for opportunities, socializing and driving best practice and insights across the operational teams; · Strong team player and the ability to work in a diverse environment with people in various locations; · Excellent verbal and written communication skills; · Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes, systems and data mining; · Excellent listener, quick learner, and able to handle ambiguity; · Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
Amazon Business Marketing tech team is looking for a Data Engineer (DE) to play a significant role in building their large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data integration and delivery services. These data solutions would be primarily used in periodic reporting, and drive business decision making while dealing efficiently with the massive scale of data available through our Data Warehouse as well as our software systems. You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions using third-party and in-house reporting tools, modeling metadata, building reports and dashboards, and administering the platform software. You are expected to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable data models, ETL designs and data integration services. You are required to support and manage growth of these data solutions.
You must be a self-starter and be able to learn on the go. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as you will work very closely with diverse teams.
As a Data Engineer in Marketing tech team you should be skilled in the architecture of data warehouse solutions for the Enterprise using multiple platforms (EMR, RDBMS, Columnar, Cloud). You should have extensive experience in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
- Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Scala, Java, etc)
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- Query performance tuning skills using Unix profiling tools and SQL
- Experience implementing large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
- Linux/UNIX including to process large data sets.
- Experience with AWS
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.