We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our fast-growing Data team based in our Berlin office. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for data to join us in building a scalable, easy-to-use data platform targeted at various technical folks within New Relic. We also build data apps atop this platform when needed.
Help supply the vision for data infrastructure and analysis tools, establishing standard methodologies for creating systems and datasets that the entire company will use. Bringing deep technical skills, you will add to our environment and be excited about building a strong data foundation for the company. We are seeking someone who is excited about having a big impact at New Relic around revenue and customer experience!
You are a great teammate, willing to collaborate and communicate with others to solve problems, and an interdisciplinary programmer with a wide scope of technical understanding. It also helps if you are tech-savvy with a real passion for solving difficult engineering problems and new technological challenges
What You'll Do
- Design and implement data pipelines and tools to resolve complex challenges and enable data analysis on a large scale
- Design and develop production-grade components from data analysis prototypes
- Work with Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Business Partners to frame problems within the business and product context
- Provide engineering good-practices regarding design and coding in the applied research team
- 5 years of professional experience as an engineer in the industry
- Expertise in Python, Java, C#, GO or similar programming languages
- Experience with large scale data processing
- You are ambitious and able to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Expertise in the Data Engineering tech stack, including Python or Scala, data warehouses (we use Snowflake), SQL and relational databases;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of developing production-grade applications in Python
- Experience with orchestrating Big Data jobs and pipelines
- Knowledge of Machine learning methods and statistics
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems and commands
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with AWS/GCP
Qualified applicants may inquire about visa sponsorship. This position is to be filled as soon as possible.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic currently has offices in Germany, Ireland, Spain, and the United Kingdom, and based on business needs may approve work in Belgium, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, UAE, and other locations throughout the region. Some of our opportunities are limited to specific hiring locations. Talk with your recruiter about your goals and how we can work with you in our Flex First approach!
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.