About The Job
Your Main Activities Are
- By Joining RISK Portugal at BNP Paribas, you will be part of a dynamic, talented and expert team, with a global coverage. You will be able to develop your knowledge through career development plan and internal mobility. The journey starts here
- The mission of RISK is to provide Senior Management of the Group and of the Operating Divisions, with full transparency and dynamic analysis of the risk and clients managed by Corporate and Investment Banking ( CIB ) and Investment Solutions (IS) business units
- RISK contributes to the definition of the Group’s risk appetite, its risk decision-making process and the optimization of capital allocation to support the development of the Operating Divisions
- The RISK ERA Systems team is part of RISK. Its mission consists in providing the Bank with a comprehensive capital markets risk system used to calculate market and counterparty risk capital figures using advanced methods and to support the needs of users for risk analysis, risk reporting and the credit process
Profile And Skills To Success
- Work on Data quality aspects, putting in place Key Performance Indicators about the quality of the data in our systems (statistics on timeliness and quality of daily risk indicators) and maintaining these KPIs
- Help on the preparation & participate in monthly committees (Data Management Committee, Operation Committee) where those KPIs are discussed, analysed and explained
- Help on the incident management remediation: extract the list of incidents in the systems, produce statistics helping to highlight any inefficiencies, liaise with the relevant experts to understand them and present that information to senior management
- Helping to streamline and industrialise existing processes – for example, production of daily FRTB indicators: This would involve running such processes to understand how they work, improving them, documenting and providing daily support to our users: specific enquiries, issues, bugs, among others
- Respond to ad-hoc requests coming from product owners/scrum masters of development squads, such as testing and documenting new features in the systems
- Provide training and guidance to new users of the system where required
- Build close links with risk analysts and other internal RISK Systems clients
About The Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Maths, Finance, IT or any related field science field
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Advanced level of English, both written and oral
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Why joining BNP Paribas?
- The Risk Analysis and Client Services (RACS) team is in charge of functional support on market and counterparty risk systems of the bank. The team in Lisbon is focusing in particular on the quality aspects of the data that feeds those systems: ensuring data quality issues are resolved, putting in place meaningful Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) about data quality, reviewing and improving existing processes and KPIs, and assisting on the preparation of material for committees where those KPIs are discussed
- The mission of RACS team is met by
- Ensuring clients and Senior management have a clear vision of the quality of the services provided by operation teams, thanks to the production of meaningful KPIs about our main services
- Performing a control on the quality of our Incident Management and Remediation process
- Streamlining, running, documenting existing processes that currently lack industrialisation
- The role is for a position within the RACS team in Lisbon, Portugal
- Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.BNP Paribas Holds Key Positions In Its Three Core Operating Divisions
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success.
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
- Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
- Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
- Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
- Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
- In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
Standard / PermanentJob
OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSISEducation Level
Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level
At least 2 yearsSchedule
PRT - CIBJob Number: 2211RSK13237