Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovative-driven company that will inspire you and support your career development? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as Integrative Data Scientist at our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by a wavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission in Cell Therapies.
You will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and partner with industry-leading professionals in oncology, drug discovery, translational research, quantitative systems pharmacology, engineering, analytical and process development as you engage in cutting-edge therapeutic programs. The successful candidate will have extensive experience working with high-dimensional datasets using best practices in statistical data analyses to provide scientific insights and inform translational strategies.
The Cell Therapy Pharmaceutical Sciences team is pursuing several programs in human clinical studies, in addition to management of Takeda’s commercial cell therapy assets. This position’s primary role is to provide hands-on support, computational leadership and statistical guidance in bringing these therapies to patients, with a focus on nonclinical and clinical data integration, visualization, and analyses. In this role you will contribute to Takeda’s Cell Therapy platform strategies, working cross-functionally with discovery and development, translational sciences, pharmacology, data sciences, and in silico modeling teams.
- Integrate and interpret high-dimensional data from a variety of high-throughput platforms and multidimensional data sources (internal or public) to derive insights and data-driven program strategies
- Evaluate novel algorithms and approaches for data analysis, visualization and exploration in collaboration with academic partners and/or external associates
- Work cross-functionally among R&D teams, workstreams, and programs to provide statistical support and expertise across the Cell Therapy portfolio.
- Perform exploratory data analyses, static and dynamic data visualizations to communicate quantitative results enabling data-driven program decisions.
- Provide bioinformatic and/or computational biology support to characterize disease mechanisms, mechanism of action for therapeutic interventions, and identify clinical biomarkers.
- Actively communicate with nonclinical leads, scientists, analytical, and clinical teams to inform data analyses, data engineering, and machine learning that drives drug discovery and development.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- PhD – or MS with 2+ years of work experience, or BS with 5+ years of relevant experience – in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field and/or experience in systems biology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of high-level computing languages: R, C/C++, Java, Python, Perl, and willingness to learn other(s)
- Strong knowledge in statistical software and language (e.g., R, SAS, MATLAB)
- Familiar with distributed computing, database (e.g., SQL), and Amazon Web Services. Database programming or dashboard experience is a plus.
- Demonstrate experience and willingness to utilize state-of-the-art bioinformatic tools for genome-scale or big data derived from Next Generation Sequencing including: DNA, RNA, Epigenetics, and Single Cell sequencing platforms and assays.
- Proficient in applying concepts in descriptive and multivariate statistics; Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning knowledge and application is a plus. Evaluation of (non)clinical datasets in cell therapies preferred.
- Experience in data integration, algorithm development, programming, and evaluation of analytical tools
- Self-motivation and excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational skills, and be a strong team player.
- Ability to drive initiatives, and excel in a matrix environment
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0020431
Back to Job Navigation (Responsibilities)