This position is located in the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Farm Production and Conservation (FPAC), Business Services, Budget Division located in Washington, DC.
Job family (Series)
0343 Management And Program Analysis
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt
- Satisfactory Background investigation and/or fingerprint check
- Successful completion of one-year trial period
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution
QualificationsTo be eligible, applicants must meet one of the following requirements;
Completed all requirements for an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational, or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution within the previous two (2) years; or
Individuals who, due to military service obligation, were precluded from applying to the Recent Graduates Program during any portion of the 2-year eligibility period described above shall have a full 2-year period of eligibility upon release or discharge from active duty. This eligibility period cannot extend more than 6 years from the date on which the requirements for the academic course of study were met.
In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements above, applicants must possess the experience requirements as follows:
For the GS-11:
To qualify for this position, you must possess at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the Federal GS-9 level or higher, that has equipped you with the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. This experience MUST have included:
- Proficient quantitative skills using statistical methodology to improve business operations, particularly supporting workforce planning;
- Intermediate skills in building data analytics tools to improve operational efficiency and performance;
- Collect, evaluate, and standardize data from multiple sources and structure analysis into clear results and presentations;
- Experience in at least one statistical programming language, such as R, Stata, and SAS; and
- Demonstrated ability to create visual representations of data using software such as tableau.
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related.
A combination of education and experience as defined above.
For the GS-12:
To qualify for this position, you must possess at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the Federal GS-12 level or higher, that has equipped you with the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. This experience MUST have included:
Education may not be substituted for experience at this grade.
- Experience using statistical methodology to improve business operations, particularly supporting workforce planning;
- Experience building data analytics tools to improve operational efficiency and performance;
- Creating visual representations of data using software such as tableau;
- Developing, analyzing and evaluating programs and policies; and
- Developing life cycle and cost analysis of projects and performing cost benefit or economic evaluations.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
College Transcript: If you are qualifying based on education, submit a copy of your college transcript that lists college courses detailing each course by the number and department (i.e., bio 101, math 210, etc.), course title, number of credit hours and grade earned. You must submit with your application package evidence that any education completed in a foreign institution was appropriately accredited by an accredited body recognized by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education as equivalent to U.S. Education standards. You may submit an unofficial copy of the transcript at the initial phase of the application process; however, if selected, you will be required to submit official transcripts prior to entering on duty. Please refer to the "How to Apply" section for instructions on submitting the transcript.
Recent Graduate appointments may not exceed two years. Recent Graduates who satisfactorily complete all the USDA Recent Graduates Program requirements may be non-competitively converted to a Term or Permanent appointment in the competitive service. Conversion is not guaranteed. Recent Graduates converted to Term appointments may later be non-competitively converted to a Permanent competitive service position.
- What to expect next: After the conclusion of the event and deadline for alternative submission, your application package will be reviewed to verify that you meet the qualification and eligibility requirements for the position. Qualified veterans' preference eligibles will receive selection priority over non-veterans. You will be notified if you are referred to the selecting official for consideration, and then if you were selected or not selected. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Evaluation of applications will be based on applicants' quality of experience and the extent they possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA) or competencies:
Your application, including the online Assessment Questionnaire, will be reviewed to determine if you meet (a) minimum qualification requirements and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your resume must clearly support your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position. Those determined to be in the best qualified category will be referred to the selecting official for consideration.
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Program Management
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may be found ineligible. Please follow all instructions carefully. may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service.
Clicking the link below will present a preview of the application form; i.e. the online questionnaire. The application form link below will only provide a preview and does not initiate the application process. To initiate the online application process, click the "Apply" button to the right.
To view the application form, visit: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10836584
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
The following documents are required for your applicant package to be complete. Our office cannot be responsible for incompatible software, your system failure, etc. Encrypted documents will not be accepted. Failure to submit required, legible documents may result in loss of consideration.
- Resume that includes:1) personal information such as name, address, contact information; 2) education; 3) detailed work experience related to this position as described in the major duties including work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment; title, series, grade (if applicable); 4) other qualifications.
- You must submit a copy of your college transcripts.An unofficial copy is sufficient with the application if it includes your name and the necessary course information; however, if you are selected, you will be required to submit official transcripts prior to entering on duty. Education must have been successfully obtained from an accredited school, college or university. If any education was completed at a foreign institute, you must submit with your application evidence that the institute was appropriately accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as equivalent to U.S. education standards. There are private organizations that specialize in this evaluation and a fee is normally associated with this service. For a list of private organizations that evaluate education, visit the NACES website. All transcripts must be in English or include an English translation.
- If claiming veteran's preference, you must submit a DD214, Certificate of Release from Active Duty, which shows dates of service and discharge under honorable conditions.If currently on active duty you must submit a certification of expected discharge or release from active duty service under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted.Veteran's preference must be verified prior to appointment.Without this documentation, you will not receive veteran's preference and your application will be evaluated based on the material(s) submitted.
- If claiming 10-point veteran's preference you must provide the DD214 or certification requirements (see above bullet), plus the proof of entitlement of this preference as listed on the SF-15 Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference. The SF-15 should be included but is not required. Failure to submit these documents could result in the determination that there is insufficient documentation to support your claim for 10-point preference. For more information on veterans' preference visit FEDSHIREVETS .
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.