The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Compliance is a global function that brings together all aspects of regulatory and financial crime risk management. Acting as risk stewards, and incorporating a range of specialist teams, we work together with the business and leverage advanced technology to help HSBC navigate a complex regulatory landscape and embed a sustainable approach to compliance risk management that supports safe growth and serves customers fairly. Compliance aspires to continuously raise the bar and set leading standards across the industry to help HSBC safeguard its customers and the communities within which it operates.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Data Analyst Assistant Manager, Complex Investigations.
- Support the Global and Regional Head of Complex Investigations
- Use data analytical skills to proactively identify financial crime risk to the Bank at market (country), region and Group level
- Through use of data analytics, assist the ASP Complex Investigations and PCAI Lead and Senior Investigations Managers to conduct investigations across countries and regions of complex, proactive, intelligence-driven investigations, bringing together and drawing upon resources in other investigative functions where the nature of the investigation spans multiple geographies or financial crime types
- Provide data analytical subject matter knowledge/expertise in connection with the investigation and identification of financial crime risk to the Bank, and identification of potential control weaknesses
- Assist in communicating aspects of the most significant and sensitive investigations and related mitigating actions to senior management to support and facilitate a strategic appraisal of the relevant risks
- Establish seamless, trusting and mutually-supportive relationships with the other components of the financial crime investigations function, and amongst key stakeholders
- The post holder would report to a Lead Investigator (GCB 4) and an Investigations Manager (GCB 5) within the ASP Complex Investigations Team
- Data analytical experience in a Banking, Regulatory, Compliance, Investigative, or a financial intelligence environment
- Experience in identifying and mitigating the harms associated with the threat of financial crime at a strategic level, through use of data analytical and investigative skills and knowledge
- A strategic thinker. Ability to use initiative and to work independently but under appropriate management. Drive and passion to fight financial crime, and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the Complex Investigations (and the PCAI Team), and investigations function as a whole. Ability to work under pressure and to tight time frames. Meticulous attention to detail. Acceptance and appreciation of actions necessary to ensure appropriate governance and accountability
- Ability to consider, exercise and/or assist to develop efficient and effective solutions to complex issues
- A data analyst who wants to also develop/enhance financial crime investigative skills
- A general understanding of the current regulatory environment and expectations, relevant regulations, codes, and HSBC Group Standards, as well as their underlying purpose to mitigate risk to the financial system
- Effective verbal communication and inter-personal skills
- Effective English reporting writing and communication skills, including concise, comprehendible, and accurate presentation of results of data analysis and investigation
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.