SkyePoint Decisions is a leading Cybersecurity Architecture and Engineering, Critical Infrastructure and Operations, and Applications Development and Maintenance IT service provider headquartered in Dulles, Virginia with operations across the U.S. We provide innovative enterprise-wide solutions as well as targeted services addressing the complex challenges faced by our federal government clients. Our focus is on enabling our clients to deliver their mission most efficiently and effectively – anytime, anywhere, securely. We combine technical expertise, mission awareness, and an empowered workforce to produce meaningful results.
This is a contingent position based upon customer approval and funding.
As a SkyePoint employee you will be given the opportunity to support some of our nation’s most critical information systems by utilizing not only your existing cybersecurity skills and talents, but those that you will learn in your new role. In your new role as a cyber security professional, you will protect our customer’s most sensitive data and complex systems from all forms of threats including cyber-attacks, insider threats, rogue network devices, and malicious software and applications. You will work with a team of like-minded professionals to share and collaborate upon your ideas to improve the cybersecurity infrastructure, architecture, and configuration deployments. Your ideas and contributions will matter.
Responsibilities will include
- Setup transfers of data feeds from source systems (i.e. Splunk) into to TIBCO Spotfire® and/or TIBCO Data Virtualization
- Debug issues related to delayed or missing data feeds
- Write transformations and derive new datasets for distributed computation
- Monitor build progress and debug build problems
- Rapid development and iteration cycles with SME’s including testing and troubleshooting application issues
- Executing requests for information surrounding the platform’s data footprint
- Execute as part of a remote team on behalf of a U.S. Federal Homeland Security agency
- 3-5 years of experience in data engineering, data science, or related field
- Strong engineering background, preferably in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics, or Data Science
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Python, SQL, R or similar languages.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Proven track-record of strong customer communications including feedback gathering, execution updates, and troubleshooting
- Passionate about operating independently, demonstrating excellence, and learning new technologies and frameworks.
- Eligibility to receive a DHS Public Trust
- Previous experience with Business Intelligence tools (WebFOCUS, Spotfire®, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SAP Business Objects, SAS BI, MicroStrategy, etc)
- Current Public Trust with DHS
- Eligibility or current Top Secret Clearance
What We Can Offer You -
- At SkyePoint, we go B.I.G. (beginning in GRATITUDE) by recognizing all we have and giving back to our employees, families, and communities. It instills a positive mindset that permeates all we do. By beginning in gratitude, SkyePoint can continue to spread living in gratitude each day.
- Great Benefits Several insurance options including HMO and High Deductible plans with Health Savings Accounts [HSAs], Flex Spending Accounts [FSAs], Full Dental Plans, ST/LT Disability, Life Insurance, floating federal holiday options, and 401k matched
- SkyePoint DoD SkillBridge Industry Partner Fellowship Program
- SkyePoint Professional Growth Programs
- Flexible Work Environment
SkyePoint Decisions is an established ISO 90012015 and ISO/IEC 270012013 certified small business and appraised at CMMI Level 3 (with SAM) for Services.
We possess a common vision of excellence and foster a collaborative team culture built upon individual performance and accountability. We invest in our people and systems to create value for our clients. It is the SkyePoint Way. We are grateful for the opportunity to work with exceptional people and give back to the communities we serve. Our employees value the flexibility at SkyePoint that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
Skyepoint Decisions is a participating E-Verify Employer.
SkyePoint Decisions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.