Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
The Data Analyst would provide data analysis support to the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Organizations Affairs (IO). IO is responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing U.S. policies, both within the UN system and in a broad range of non-UN organizations, as they relate to financial, budgetary, administrative, and management issues, as well as promoting U.S. citizen employment in international organizations through public outreach and diplomatic engagement. IO needs support analyzing American Citizen (AmCit) UN employment data for IO leadership to get a baseline of the U.S footprint at UN Agencies, better track and eventually forecast AmCit employment, and gain an understanding of which UN Agencies have over- or under-representation of AmCit. Accordingly, IO requires support to collect, clean, analyze, and visualize AmCit employment data across UN agencies. Eventually, IO would like the clean AmCit employment data to be stored in Salesforce, where it can be easily accessed and better utilized by IO staff.
Responsibilities includes analyzing large and complex data sets, including a thorough aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses; selecting and applying the appropriate analytical techniques in order to increase organizational efficiency and providing knowledge of data science applications to extract knowledge to help predict, explain, or analyze research questions. The candidate will coordinate with non-technical users to identify data analytics needs support and use facilitation skills and techniques to elicit requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders.
The candidate should have demonstrated experience or familiarity with IO Bureau activities and comfort in working with cross-functional teams to present, analyze, update, and view technical data sets with qualitative and statistical analysis. The candidate must have the ability to translate complex problem sets, metrics and assessments into coherent, communications products to brief senior-level officials.
The candidate is also responsible for attending meetings on program development and coordinating with other State Department Bureaus and Offices. Successful candidates will have experience with program management and policy analysis, work well in a collaborative environment, think creatively, thrive under pressure, and be able to adjust to shifting priorities quickly. Candidates will possess effective diplomatic, time management, and oral and written communication skills.
- An Active Secret clearance is contractually required
- Advanced degree in international relations, international security studies, political science, or equivalent
- Minimum Years of Experience: 3 years of relevant experience supporting U.S. government agencies
- Experience with data analytics software including Python or R
- Experience creating relational databases such as MS Access, ability to do statistical analysis, and well versed in analyzing large datasets
- Strong open source research skills to assist Guidehouse team in identifying or updating datasets
- Skilled in oral and written communication to prepare and present analyses, draft talking points, and develop other program reports and documents for senior officials
- Experience with Tableau
- Strong analytical and organization skills with attention to detail and experience with working in collaborative team environment.
- Outstanding communication, diplomacy, teamwork, and project management skills.
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program