Technical Data Analyst
The Technical Data Analyst is responsible for providing customer support to both our clients and internal teams. The primary focus of this role is to manage and support the daily transfer processes with an emphasis on proactive analysis to prevent the need for end-users to contact the service team. The Technical Data Analyst is responsible for additional analysis of escalated cases from the Tier 2 support teams which may require interaction with the development team.
- Prioritize and track incidents from submission to resolution.
- Provide incident updates to clients and internal teams.
- Utilize both industry and proprietary tools to analyze data file structure.
- Monitor all aggregation connections daily with proactive error reporting and analysis, as needed.
- Set up and configure the different aggregation connectors.
- Assist with adding and updating team documentation and training materials.
- Adhere to team and individual key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Coordinate resolution efforts between internal service, external contacts and development teams.
- Process incoming requests for new data transfer vendors and manage a database of vendors and data sources.
- Develop a knowledgebase of known issues related to data transfer strategies and database management.
- Provide technical expertise on all aspects of data aggregation and stay current in knowledge of all data transfer technologies.
- Provide daily reports to management and internal teams with prioritization of major issues and statistical analysis of data transmission performance.
- Create external facing messaging for incidents. Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in a technical role
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- Ability to work overtime, including evenings and weekends as needed
Skills (Software, Soft Skills, KSAs)
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Familiar with Kibana/Hyperion, Jira, Kleopatra, Salesforce and other internal software/systems
- Understanding of financial accounts (holdings, tickers, transactions, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in Advanced Text editing tools
- Ability to analyze existing aggregation methods, logic and tools to resolve reported issues
- Comprehensive knowledge of different aggregation methods (Screen Scrapping, API’s, and File Based)
- Strong understanding of different HTTP responses (JSON, XML, HTML and others)
- Excellent technical troubleshooting and critical thinking
- Demonstrates great attention to detail
- Ability to be decisive in determining when to send communication relating to aggregation incidents