Committed to making a difference, InDebted was founded to change the world of consumer debt recovery for good. We're disrupting a broken industry and creating a better way for businesses to recover debt - where the customer comes first.
We’re a global, digital first and customer-obsessed team of over 200 people, living and working across 11 different countries.
And we’ve also recently been named the AFR BOSS Best Place to Work! By focusing on the happiness and wellbeing of our people, we’ve created a truly flexible, purpose driven and engaging workplace. We’re all here with one shared vision - to remove barriers to financial freedom for all people.
About The Role
Our data team at InDebted focus on developing data science models, deriving BI insights and leveraging other data driven approaches to accelerate our disruption of the traditional debt collection industry.
By utilising the rich datasets we have accumulated from communicating with our customers via digital-first channels and other innovations, we are able to efficiently deliver significantly better collections performance results compared to our peers.
As part of our Research and Development team, you will work along our Engineering, and Product teams to support both our internal teams as well as clients.
We are at the forefront of revolutionising our industry by leveraging machine learning and AI models, data-driven approaches, and innovative technology to accelerate our disruption of the traditional debt collection industry. By utilising the rich datasets we have accumulated from communicating with our customers via digital-first channels and other innovations, we are able to efficiently deliver significantly better results compared to our industry peers.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Data Scientist who can leverage their skills to drive business value by improving our key success metrics. You will play a vital role in using data science and machine learning solutions to resolve complex business problems, such as enhancing customer engagement and improving collection performance. This involves end-to-end project management, ranging from the conceptualization and innovation of solutions to the sourcing and processing of data, and finally to the development, deployment, and monitoring of machine learning models. We also expect that there will be projects requiring support to develop AI solutions leveraging large language models.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and implement machine learning models or AI solutions to address business needs and improve key success metrics.
- Manage end-to-end machine learning project deployment and ensure seamless integration with existing systems and software.
- Leverage large datasets to explore, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Monitor and maintain deployed models to ensure they continue to perform as expected.
- Translate complex data science concepts into digestible insights to guide data-informed business decisions.
- Proactively identify opportunities for, and drive, business value by leveraging state-of-the-art techniques in data science and machine learning.
- Tech-savvy, results-oriented individual with a passion for data science and a keen interest in the business side of things.
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or similar role, particularly in driving business value and improving key success metrics with data science solutions.
- Solid understanding and practical experience in machine learning techniques, including model development, deployment, and monitoring.
- Proficiency in Python and SQL (Snowflake & Athena).
- Experience working with cloud-based data technologies and services (preferably AWS Athena, Lambda, S3, etc.) .
- Extensive experience with data sourcing, processing, and manipulation.
- Strong communication skills, particularly in explaining complex ML problems and techniques to key stakeholders at all levels.
Nice To Have
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Machine Learning, or a related field.
- Familiarity with containerisation technologies and infrastructure as code tools like Terraform.
- Knowledge of and experience with LLM and frameworks such as Langchain.
- SQL, Python, Snowflake, AWS Athena, S3, Langchain
At InDebted, you get a lot more than just a highly rewarding and exciting career. We also offer:
Work wherever -
We’re a global team working in flexible locations - choose to work from home, in a co-working space, or a bit of both, or see where the role takes you
- Access to share options in something big
Flexible paid leave
- We offer a trust-based leave model - choose when you take leave, how much you take, and what you take it for
- Our EAP Provider supports your physical, social & psychological wellbeing
Remote work set-up
- Once-off payment of $AUD 750 or equivalent to help you create a working environment that supports your success and productivity.
At InDebted, we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. InDebted is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indebted is also a proud 2022
Circle Back Initiative Global Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.