- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline.
- 4+ years of industry experience in Software Development, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
We are looking for high caliber and tested Data Engineer (DE) to start a project with strategic significance and high exposure. This is a rare opportunity to work on a central data warehouse and science team, building infrastructure from ground up using native AWS technologies. You will define scalable processes and frameworks leveraged by multiple cross-functional teams. You will apply both business and technical acumen in a fast-paced, ambiguous and innovative environment. Our ideal teammate possesses a natural curiosity, sharp analytical skills and is excited to pioneer on behalf of customers.
If you enjoy dealing with high ambiguity, complexity and broad scope that will be at the epicenter of our initiative, come join us!
A day in the life
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign opportunities based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded contributor.
- Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
- Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL, Kubernetes, Tableau, AWS Quicksight, AWS CDK, Handling Data APIs.
- Experience providing technical leadership and educating other engineers for best practices on data engineering.
- Background in Big Data, non-relational databases and Data Mining.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.