About the role:
Service Delivery Transformation Command (SDTC) is a specialist area within Victoria Police that works across the organisation to design, develop and implement a service delivery model that will better enable Victoria Police to serve the community by:
- predicting emerging and future demands;
- creating more flexible and evidence-based responses to demand;
- making best use of information, diverse expertise and technology;
- partnering with the appropriate range of key stakeholders;
- integrating more effectively with the wider service sector; and
- utilising our resources efficiently, effectively and safely.
SDTC's Service Delivery and Design (SDD) Unit is seeking a collaborative, strategically minded problem solver for the newly created position of Senior Data Analyst. Reporting directly to the Manager, Data and Analytics, this role will contribute to the development and delivery of effective data modelling approaches to provide insights into the data relating to demand for Victoria Police services, organisational structures, processes, workflows and outputs, consistent with data modelling methodology and systems.
Part of a team responsible for providing data modelling services to support the implementation of a major transformation program of work, this position will work collaboratively with stakeholders to provide input into the examination, development and review of policies, projects, and scenarios to support the accurate analysis of future demand and cost relating to Victoria Police's service delivery. This role will undertake complex, technical analysis related to Victoria Police data and provide advice including reports on a range of complex issues in order to inform and support decision making.
This role will require a strong understanding of complex data technical analysis, validation and testing, co-design principles, team management and strong written and verbal communication, including experience in testing and validating data with affected end users through workshopping and co-design.
Victoria Police is a contemporary and agile workplace and supports flexible working arrangements.Your duties will include:
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Assisting the Manager, Data and Analytics with the production of regular reports from the SSD Unit's work.
- Working collaboratively across the organisation to seek multiple data sets in an organisational environment that does not have pure data sets.
- Initiating research and analysis consistent with organisational objectives.
- Identifying, collecting and monitoring external and internal sources of data.
- Providing expert advice on policy-related matters relating to data including the management of data quality.
- Undertaking complex, technical analysis related to Victoria Police data.
- Preparing and providing advice including reports to stakeholders to inform and support decision making.
Requirements and relevant information:
- Expertise in the development of data models in a social policy or operational setting.
- Experience in managing and implementing significant, complex statistical data and evaluation techniques.
- Stakeholder engagement skills with experience in identifying, building and monitoring stakeholder relationships.
- Strongly developed communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to simplify complex issues and tailor communication styles to suit a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to self-motivate.
- Strong integrity and discretion.
Your application must include:
- One (1) full time, ongoing position currently available.
- Position is located at the Victoria Police Centre, 311 Spencer Street, Docklands.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include fingerprint checks and misconduct screening.
- Completed application form - attached to the job advertisement.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 16 May 2021.Please Note:
All applications will need to be submitted through one of the following platforms; the Victorian Government careers website (Careers.vic) or Jobs and Skills Exchange (JSE) website. Applications will not be accepted via other platforms or email.For further information on this role please contact:
Inspector Peter Bitton on (03) 8690 8106 or via email Peter.Bitton@police.vic.gov.au
If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email VPSRECRUITMENT@police.vic.gov.au or on (03) 8335 8081.About Us:
Victoria Police is a large organisation employing police, public servants and protective services officers. Victoria Police provides support to the community 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
At Victoria Police our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to attract and retain a diverse workforce which includes people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Find out what it is like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: https://www.police.vic.gov.au/vps